Really? I mean Really?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SRT_HC_707, Mar 21, 2015.

1. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    OK, off topic that is why it is here. My wife and I were running errands together this afternoon. We stopped at a warehouse club joint because she needed to order a sheet cake for a coworker that is retiring.

The place was a mob scene. I parked as far out as possible. We were in my wife's S5. The two spots to the right of me were reserved and I was sure they wouldn't be used. There were several spots on the left of us.

I come out and there is this friggin BOMB parked right next to me. I was like seriously... Dude WTF. If I had a match I think I would have dropped it on that POS. The thing even stunk like gas and most of the interior was missing. It was full of junk and parts.

I had to take a picture....

Then when I got home I took a few shots of my twice a week touchless wash.. The S5 felt dirty (it was really dirty - snowed this AM) parked next to that hoopty!

Spray wheels with Sonnax and lower rockers with waterless eco wash, rinse with pressure washer, foam bomb the entire car, rinse and then rinse again with water deionizer hooked up. Put away wet and it dries to perfection... It's my quick winter wash regime. I'll use a mit when needed but most of the time this is more than adequate and gets the car really clean.

POS hoopty that just had to park RIGHT on top of me. I was between the lines minding my own business.
    [​IMG]

Foam Bomb
    [​IMG]

Rinsed and ready to go back inside. Good thing as driveway is freezing already!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    dude that guy almost parked on top of you. I bet he did not want any door dings either

3. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It was painted with rattle can paint. Drips all over. It had "antique plates" LOL... What a shitbox.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Some folks be obnoxiously inconsiderate. Btw what "foam bomb" did you use on the car?

5. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The foam bomb is just car wash soap mixed with water through a pressure washer wand that sprays it out as a foam.

If you are interested in something like that let me know and I'll go find you some links. There are two kinds. One that works on the end of a standard garden hose. The other is for use with a pressure washer. I have both but only use the latter once I got it. I prefer a pressure washer, better faster results, less water.

You have to learn how to wash quickly and efficiently when it's cold out. It was about 35 degrees out when I was washing her car. Start to finish including setup and cleanup of all equipment was about 20 minutes.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    See! That's what I'm saying! Leave space and some tick parks their POS right next to you. That's bullshizzy!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I did 45 degree washing before but idk about 35 LOL.. But yes please on the links so I can wash like a pro :)

8. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are you using a hose or a pressure washer (so I can find you the right stuff).

• Like Like x 1
  9. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What really got me annoyed was how far over he was toward me. He was between the lines (that POS was the size of a match box) and didn't touch our car but there was like 10 spaces closer to the store on the other side of him. Was he worried about a door ding? If I hit his door with mine his door would have fallen off LOL.

10. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No, he was being a jerk and did it on purpose. Big turd. I hate when people do that! :confused: Seriously. Frustrating. I feel your pain!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Same thing happened to me tonight except it was a behemoth of a truck. Grr.

12. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Can you link a pressure washer you recommend? If not I'll use hose for now

13. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm sorry,,I would of carved my name in his car,, there is a reason I park away from everyone,, you don't respect my stuff,, then I will return the courtesy

14. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'd be too scared psycho would hunt my car down another time'. I would probably move my car and wait to see what the dumba$$ looked like so I would know for future reference!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First looking at your post above I just want to say this certainly isn't the ONLY way to wash your car. It's one of many ways I use depending on time of year, how dirty the car is etc. etc..

I like this for the winter because our cars get covered with grit and dirt due to the weather. It cleans them quickly, does a pretty darn good job and I never actually touch the paint (not to wash or dry) so it minimizes scratches and swirls.

The pressure washer I have is way overkill for just washing a car (I'll tell you what it is but if you are only washing your car save your $$$). It's an industrial 20amp version with a cat pump. I use it for other stuff. It's excellent but no way would I recommend buying this thing for just washing cars.

Here a version of the hose type (I have a much older version)
    Amazon.com Gilmour 95QGFMR Foamaster II Cleaning Sprayer Lawn And Garden Sprayers Patio Lawn Garden

For just car washing check out the Karcher pressure washers. They will get the job done. Look at the Karcher K3.690 or maybe the larger Karcher Karcher K 5.540. Google these and read some reviews etc. They are home owner grade stuff but get the job done for car washing and other around the house stuff.

The Karcher units use a different type of wand connection (vs a larger commercial/industrial type washer).. This type of foam cannon would work with the Karcher and you don't need to buy an entire gun...

http://www.amazon.com/MTM-Hydro-Pro...F8&qid=1426987588&sr=1-2&keywords=foam+cannon

• Useful Useful x 1