Recommend shops in the SE Mich/NW OH area ...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Performance' started by Steppenwolf, May 29, 2016.

1. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf VIP Hellcat Member

Running hard ... in the Wasteland of my Mind.
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    ... that do performance mods on the HCs, like the gear or DS upgrades discussed here.

Any experiences or recommendations - pro or con? Something like a Driveshaft Shop or HHP, but in the SE Michigan/NW Ohio area.

I'd prefer to avoid the local dealers or small shops for other than oil changes or fixing a flat.

Thanks!

2. Chief

Chief Silver Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    CRT Performance in Norwalk Ohio had a Plum Cat they was working on from the Columbus area. I have not dealt with them but they do seem to keep very busy.

3. Steppenwolf

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks, I'll check them out.

It surprises me that this area, with its long automotive history, doesn't have more specialty outfits (like a DDS or an HHP) that can do upgrades or custom work on Dodge muscle cars.

Heck, Roush has a facility in Plymouth MI that offers all sorts of upgrade options and custom additions for V8 Mustangs, not just his line of RS ponies.

Last edited: May 29, 2016
  4. fnkychkn

fnkychkn swollen member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Check out BFNY Performance in Cleveland.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Steppenwolf

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for that recommendation too.

Again, I'm surprised there are more Ohio or Mich-based performance shops mentioned on this forum. It's not like there aren't many HCs bring sold in this region.

6. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Car Guy's in Brighton Mich are awesome at performance mod's... They have an excellent tuner and are professional racers

7. Robocop1127

Robocop1127 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Erik Storms at BFNY Performance in Cleveland Ohio is Top Notch and a personal friend of mine. Their shop is actually a Transmission/Driveline Shop and Erik does everything from ground up custom builds to custom fabrication and just about everything from A TO Z guys!!!

8. waiting for mine

waiting for mine 10/30/15 DELIVERED ON DEVILS NIGHT

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ay steppenwolf I contacted HHP and this is the response

The recommended shop in MI that both AJ and I are setting things up to channel customers to is Walsh Motorsports. (walshmotorsports dot net)
    Feel free to give them a call and you'll probably speak with Dustin. Just tell him I referred you. We're new to Walsh but AJ and a few of our friends within SRT have worked with these guys so they come highly recommended. Walsh himself has a long and accomplished history in the racing world as well. Oh, and they built Hellcat X and AJ tuned it in their shop for them last year. On the business to business relationship side we're still trying to figure out how we are going to handle the packages with them and make sure we can keep our relationship with them a win-win for both parties. On the tuning packages we all may just have you purchase the complete kit from us, we're just not 100% sure yet. It's probably just going to take a few customers to be pass through their shop before we have everything figured out so feel free to give them a call.

Thanks!
    Joshua, HHP

9. Steppenwolf

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just want to thank Kevin, Robocop, & WaitingForMine for these referrals ...

I can see from my earlier post Kevin quoted that I'm still the world's worst proof-reader. LOL "I'm surprised there AREN'T more" such shops, is what I meant.

Kevin, I just passed by Brighton (Rtes 23 & 96) on my way back from a long weekend up in Petosky. I'll definitely check out the Walsh shop especially with the HHP referral ...

BFNY was recommended before. When I googled them, it show a Detroit Ave location .... Interestingly, I grew up in different parts of Cleveland, so I know the area. My sister lives in the Hudson/Twinsburg area, so I get over there not infrequently to see her & family.

Thanks again, guys! :cool:

10. DB2

DB2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Im in the Akron/Canton area Steppen, been in the auto repair biz my whole godforsaken life. I have installed the 3.09 diff & DSS shaft in my hellcat. I dont do any tuning at all as we focus mostly on European car repairs/diagnostics/maintenance, but i would be more than happy to help you out with your install. You get the parts if you want, gimme a PM if ya want.