SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Red key vs black key

22K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  SinisterKitty 
#1 ·
Now that some of you have had time to drive this beast I have some questions.
What is the sound difference between the two keys?
Will you drive with the red one or the black one the most?
Thanks!

#3 ·
red key only for me......the black key really chokes it down. so bad I killed 2 twice in a 100 yard lot just moving it around.

black key....revving up the vehicle the RPMs rev slow....sounds choked

red key....revving up the vehicle it raps super fast....sounds awesome

#4 ·
Black key is going in the TRASH. Jk, it'll go in the safe. :) :) :) :)

#8 ·
The black key was hanging on the wall, but I have holiday company and I don't trust them with even 500 hp. It is in the memory box with my order sheet, dealer brochure, all the papers from the build and all the printed emails of build number and the various status' of my car. ResumeSpeed will make history 20 years from now when someone cracks open the bright red box with all the goodies and build and travel info from RS and my dealer. :)

#9 ·
I had my cat dyno'd using the black and red key. Black key doesn't sound different but the throttle is delayed. The difference on the dyno was about 180-190hp.

But I am thinking that the dyno tech didn't have the car in the correct drive mode for dyno testing. I was reading in the owners manual and found a section where it says that all drive modes are torque limited except track mode.

Watching other Hellcats being dyno'd on YouTube I have noticed that there are two traction control symbols and an ABS light on while testing. Does anyone know how to disable ESC and ABS where three orange warning lights are on? There was only one light on when this tech tested and I am guessing this wasn't correct according to the numbers put out.

I know if you hold the traction control button for a few seconds it says ESC disabled, but only one light is on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

#11 ·
Thanks for the info. I contacted Livernois Motorsports and they told me that the light will come on automatically. It's because the front tires are static and the rear are spinning for quite a distance. I am not totally sure I believe it, due to the light not showing up during burnouts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.