Reid Bigland wrote me back about my hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by WW2GURU, Mar 28, 2015.

1. WW2GURU

WW2GURU Hellcat Member

Mar 20, 2015
    Alberta, Canada
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I sent an email to Reid Bigland asking about the history of the hellcat that was supposed to be his demo and he actually wrote me back. Here is his response from this past Thursday.

Congratulations on your purchase.

Unfortunately I can’t answer all of your questions, but here is my involvement with your car.

I personally ordered your Challenger Hellcat in the summer of 2014… on black Hellcat…..very cool. To the best of my knowledge it was the first Challenger Hellcat in Canada.

When the car arrived at Chrysler Headquarters in the fall of 2014, demand for the Challenger Hellcat in both Canada and the US was thousands of orders in excess of our production availability (still is). As a result, I immediately felt guilty in having one of these cars in my possession and depriving a dealer/customer access to this machine. Therefore I gave the car up after only a couple of weeks and a couple of spins. Needless to say that was a sad day in my life as I had waited all summer for this “Cat”.

After I gave up the vehicle and because it was a very early production, it went over to Chrysler’s Automotive Research and Development Centre (ARDC) to receive final quality inspections and then sold to a dealer. That is the last I heard of it until now.

Congratulations again, you have a great car and I hope you enjoy it’s 707 HP.

All the best.

• Like Like x 4