Renting a challenger hellcat, insurance options?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by XCSEDAN, Jun 12, 2016.

1. XCSEDAN

XCSEDAN Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hey guys
    im looking into renting a challenger hellcat while im stateside in september, probably for 10 or 11 days,
    I'm landing at lax and departing from lax however i'm struggling to find any challenger hellcats to hire in that area.
    what i am looking for is a manual hellcat, in manual, and an owner who is willing to lease it out with either insurance attached or, help me find insurance on agreeable coverage terms.
    as i have stated previously on this forum i am looking to import a car and want to get a taste of what they are like to live with and if i will be happy with it.
    one condition i do have is that the red key is available, for some people this is a real sticking point... i do plan to drive the car and put several miles on it also.
    if anyone has any pointers or can help me locate a car it would be appreciated, for the time the car is with me i will treat it like my own, that means i take damn good care of it.

cheers

2. clickr

clickr Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    ok, and how many brief cases of 100 dollar bills are you going to leave behind to guarantee you return the car? What country are you flying "from" where people in their right mind rent out 700 hp personal cars? And how old are you? My insurance won't cover any one under 25 driving any of my cars. Plus the car is registered in "their" names and believe it or not in the good ole USA, they are financially responsible if you get in a wreck and kill a bus load of people.

I guess I wish you the best of luck finding someone. NWIH would I ever agree to it regardless of the $'s.

Cheers

3. XCSEDAN

XCSEDAN Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm 26 currently.
    i understand the legal front issues, and it would be a matter that would need to be discussed with the person who's vehicle i would be renting.
    there is a couple of hellcats on turo, however i cannot contact the owners and the website seems quite buggy to use.
    I'm flying from Australia, i'd be providing certified copies of identification upon rental etc (documents that could not be forged)
    i completely understand why people would not hire their car out, i am simply asking for people who are interested to make themselves noted.

I have rented out a couple of my old cars for weddings etc and they are certainly not cars to be toyed with so i understand to the full extent how an owner would feel. hence insurance would be based on their terms etc

does anyone know if dodge does short term lease vehicles? looking for options to explore...

4. BlackSunshine

BlackSunshine Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What about looking for a place like this? Cars

5. Redboots

Redboots Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cars in the LA area are still selling for over MSRP for the most part. If you turn this around, as a private car owner, would you rent your car out to some guy who flys in to just drive it around for a while? Dealers won't even let you test drive them. Good luck, but I don't think your going to find anyone to take you up on your offer.

6. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There are some rental agencies in Beverly Hills and Hollywood that rent exotic cars. I've driven by their lots and seen Ferraris and Lambo's but haven't noticed any Hellcats - but then again I haven't looked. I think that will be your best chance of renting a performance car. Our Cars They do show a Challenger but I don't know if it's a Hellcat or not.

7. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lotsa Luck! I'd be surprised if any private owner will bite on that deal and because of your age and the fact that you're not a US citizen, your chances are probably slim to none. As mentioned in earlier posts, your best bet will likely be with a commercial enterprise. I'd make contact early so that they have plenty of time to verify who you are, what your credit rating is and how to find you if you trash the car and the deal goes sour.

8. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Or how about Hellcat Rental .com, yes it really exists! hellcatrental

These are your best chances of renting and they do have quite a bit of insurance info and other information posted online. I agree with clickr everyone else here, no one I know would rent their own Hellcat out. Individuals just aren't set up for the potential liability, potential damage, etc. They would have to be out of their minds to do so.

9. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    just buy one for 10 days and resell it--you wont lose a dime..

10. Jungle Cat

Jungle Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We drive on the right side of the road you know. Maybe you should take the bus.

11. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Do this instead

The Official High Performance Driving School of Dodge/SRT | driveSRT

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't know of any places directly that can rent you a hellcat, buy the insurance. when you rent any vehicle, you should always get the insurance as well

13. LukeFortney

LukeFortney Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    There was a guy on the facebook hellcat group trying to rent his out. I think $1,000 a day with a $5,000 deposit.