Replacement Cat, anyone gone through the process?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by graycat, Dec 17, 2015.

1. graycat

graycat Automobile Aficionado Extraordinaire Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My car had the crank pulley issue on December 4th and on December 15th Dodge offered a new replacement car. That was quicker than I had expected and was done without any heated discord between myself and the Dodge Customer Service Center rep. (Rosa, super nice lady)

I've heard some disheartening stories from two different members here about long waits, confusion and just a less than ideal process.

I would very much appreciate hearing from anyone here that has gone through the replace or repurchase
    process with Dodge. Any ideas of what to, or not to do, or anything else that you would care to share, publicly or privately.

I am starting this thread for the obvious self serving reasons as well as to "pass it on" like I told another member here that I would do (PM'ed me. Not sure if it's ok to give his username so I won't do it) but I hope to help "the next guy/gal" as well as myself.

Any and all posts are greatly appreciated!

Thanks to any and all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Biscuit60140

Biscuit60140 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I went through the process a few months back. Dodge replaced my '15 with a '16 because of paint issues, pretty easy process overall. You just need to keep on Dodge and especially ISG.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for your posts guys.

Biscuit60140...Would it be alright to ask how long the process took? It appears as though a dealer will
    have to agree to use one of their allotted Hellcats to replace mine which will mean that they are going
    to loose the built in profit as well as the Additional Dealer Markup. Is this the way that it worked for you?

If so I am going to have a hard time getting this done:eek:

4. Biscuit60140

Biscuit60140 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wanna say it took about 2 months even though they said around 30 days. I spent more time waiting on ISG than anything else and even when I did hear from them they never had anything right so I would have to bring Dodge back in the loop.

They expedited the car and delivery which was quick, it was KZ 2 weeks after I told them what I wanted. Funny thing is somehow they had 2 orders in for my car so the dealer got 2 vehicles, both with my name. They got to keep the other to sell.

In my case they dealer did not have to give up an allocation, not sure how it would count against any dealers allocation. Again this is only for my case but Dodge matched all pricing, including the increase, even covered the sunroof I added. The only thing the dealer did was facilitate the transferring of the car and filing the paperwork with the bank. They just did a change of collateral, didn't refinance or anything like that. They will tell you though that the financial side is between you & the dealership, meaning you two need to figure out that end.

In talking with my dealer they explained to me they don't make or lose any money, its just part of doing business. I have an honest dealer so who knows how other dealers may treat it.

Hope that helps.... I could go on for hours about it unfortunately so I'm trying to keep things short. All in all Dodge did a stand up job in my case.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Biscuit60140....MANY THANKS!!!!!!!!
    You gave some very good and helpful information. I was very worried about the dealer allocation and the
    lack of a dealer to be willing to give up an allocation (understandable).

At least I have some more information about the process and what to expect. The dealer that has my
    current car Rocky Top in Sevier County, TN has always treated me well. I didn't buy this car from them
    because they were unable (told me upfront) to get a Hellcat. They've had a guy waiting for about six
    months on the one that has been allotted to them and just found out that it's supposed to be built in Jan.

Thank you very much for your information. It seems as though this process can go very good and it can
    go very bad. I always hope for the best and prepare for the worst. I'll just try and stay positive and be
    nice and hope that a good attitude helps. If it doesn't help, then I guess I'll stop being nice, but I don't
    want to do that.

Thanks again!!! Merry Christmas!

• Like Like x 1
  6. robtoronto

robtoronto Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    dodge replaced by blown engine ('15 hellcat challenger) now I have + paddle shifter issues ....wonderingif I should ask for replacement?

7. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry for your troubles robtoronto. So you had a blown engine, and now in the same car you are having paddle
    shifter issues in the same car. That sucks.

My car had some issues with the upshift (+). Sometimes when I'd try to manually upshift the car would instead
    downshift. At first I thought that I had made a mistake but then I made certain that I only had one hand on the
    steering wheel and was using the (+) paddle. It continued to down shift. Not always, only sometimes.

I would suggest that you check into your states "Lemon Laws". You may already be in possession of a "Lemon"

I've been waiting for weeks to get a VON for the replacement cat. I still do not have a VON and my car has been
    down since December 4th. I'm getting a little feed up with this nonsense and if something doesn't happen soon I'm
    going to ask for a refund. In my state this would be for the entire purchase price of the car minus a "reasonable
    fee for usage" I only had the car for two months before the 7th trip to the dealer with the crank pulley issue. So not
    too much "usage" for that car.

I wish you the best of luck. It may be time for a new car for you. If I don't get some type of forward movement soon
    I'll be DEMANDING a repurchase of my Lemon and go back to a Shelby Mustang or possibly a new Z06 or Porsche.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. robtoronto

robtoronto Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    they have engine issues also......head office/mechanics reported finding metal filings in engine ( engine is contracted out )

9. PlumTexasCrazy

PlumTexasCrazy HELLCAT LIFE MEMBER Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bet they will make it right for u guys!! U always want something done faster and sooner then later.. Myself included.. I probably would have gone off by now.. Lol. I feel for y'all and everyone just hopes it doesn't happen to them!!
    Thanks for the posts!! Invaluable information!!

• Like Like x 1
  10. graycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    UPDATE 1/20/2016

I've not heard back from ISG since I sent an email to them Monday but I did hear from my dealer
    just a short time ago.

A motor for the current car was delivered last Thursday and will be installed next week.

More importantly I was told that my new car is in "G" status as of today. I see from a list that RS
    was kind enough to post that "G" means trim but I still have no ETA from the dealer. RS did tell
    me awhile back that Dealer ETA was 1/30/2016-2/05/2016. I hope that this holds true, or it comes
    sooner!

Anyone have an idea of "G" time to delivery?