Replacement Cat / Run Around

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by CubeMan, Feb 5, 2016.

1. CubeMan

CubeMan Tri-State Overlord

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    PRE STORY
    Let's be clear, I love my hellcat and didn't want to go down this line. But this is probably the worst way to treat a customer who spent 72k (Inc tax,fees,reg) on a car. This isn't my first SRT and is in-fact my third. I've owned a 2008 Challenger SRT and presently own a 2008 Charger SRT and 2015 Challenger Hellcat.

I don't expect hand built perfect quality, But i expect if they acknowledge a defect and have fixed it for other owners, they would also take care of me and stop the run-around. I'd rather get a "No" then "We've pushed it back, still pending sorry"

I now have over 5 months of email updates from DriveSRT on my claim that still to this day is unanswered and unfixed.

Story

I took delivery of my cat in June. A couple of days after ownership I noticed the front bumper had a sag to it on the lower part of the grille and some rail dust was being stubborn on the rear bumper. A detailer was able to compound and polish out the rail dust stain but recommended that i tell dodge about the bumper fitment. I called DriveSRT and opened a claim, then dropped it off at the dealer.

After Digital imaging was done SRT said the bumper had a molding defect and this was a common claim they were getting from owners. Their solution was to order a new bumper and replace it then paint the new one. After a few weeks i was called and told the replacement bumpers had WORSE molding defects then the original. The gaps and sagging was wider and much clearer on the new bumpers.

The body-shop slapped on the old bumper, told SRT they couldn't fix it and SRT advised me to go to another dealership. Three dealerships refused to work on the claim because i didn't buy the car from them but would gladly take service. SRT Intervened but said "It's their choice to work on it or not even if you promise to service the car in the future".

We are now nearly two months into the original claim date and SRT said "We will send you a digital form to send 3rd party quotes". That digital form never came which was alright, mistakes happen. When i called to ask about it, turned out the case had gone on for so long we had to open a new one.

After opening a new case and getting a new claim number, I got the digital form and submitted quotes. SRT then only approved $1,006.00 to replace and paint the bumper. All which the shops i got quotes from were far more due to the area i live. I appealed and that brought me to the current point.

1 Month ago SRT told me their was a special group created for hellcat owners who made this claim. A meeting would occur in the middle of January as the resolution for these hellcat claims on the bumper fitment and defect. The day of the meeting I get an email stating the meeting was canceled and the person handling it is no longer with SRT. A new adviser would be appointed Feb 1st.

Okay shit happens, I'll wait. Another two weeks ago by and today I decide to call to see if the new advisor has my claim. It turns out there is a giant shake-up at the driveSRT office. Jeff is no longer handling SRT Claims. I was advised there is no update to my claim and that from an SRT associate i will not name "They would keep running you guys around until you give up, I recommend hiring a lemon law attorney"

On The Flip Side

A friend of mine also has a hellcat, It took her OVER 2 MONTHS to get her bumper fixed but it was finally fixed due to dealership fault not SRT. So why does SRT play games with certain owners but not others?

Conclusion

Turns out other people already got impatient, And if your one of the users on this forum speak up. The second DriveSRT got the Lemon Law request they cut a check for the repair for one car, and in a similar long case like mine bought back the car.

I then told my lemon law attorney to go ahead, this is it. I can't handle dealing with a $72,000 car from a company that treats it like a used kia.

Even if the motor is worth $25,000 that leaves over $40,000 to put into the body. Between the interior rattles I have from the sunglass holder (empty), the buzzing from speakers and body fitment issues on the bumper. I am at a loss between my love for Mopars and getting a $72,000 dud and only to get the run around from SRT

Of course i'd be happy with them just offering a replacement, I'm upset with the quality of a 2015 Dodge and expected better customer service. I'm not done with the dodge brand, I'm just reporting my experience with Dodge/SRT Customer Service. (Or lack there of)

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
  2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Jeff sucked. He was assigned to a claim I am making, one VM, one E-mail and I mean one from him and my return to verify he should call me is still open.

We already talked about your bumper etc. at length. Several of us wished you luck. My bumper is not perfect. It gets nailed with stones and szit, I will be personally paying for its refurbish to make it better than perfect next winter when it is stored, then a wrap. It will look great, right now I have some of that stuff you describe I think, and several stone problems. It don't bother me a bit, because it is a sacrificial piece of plastic to me and the remainder of the car is bad azz. Got to say, I hope your frustration and time are worth it to you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    cant believe you can lemon law a car for a sagging bumper...if is so bad why didnt you see it before you paid for it?? and if its not that bad why bother?

ive used the magnason morris act (a federal type of lemon law) against GM and won $10k (and $5k for the lawyer)....the law pays you for accepting the defect.......this may be a better way to proceed

i know you posted pics of this a while back....please post them again

my opinion on buying a new car----its the owners job to inspect it physically....any physical flaw is on the buyer to find..once you drive it off the lot any scratch,dent,scuff or in your case a sag is on you the buyer....by accepting it you accept the flaws (and every new car has them).......i believe the warranty is for things like paint falling off, seats cracking at 5,000 miles,etc and mechanical issues...not for things like paint runs or a minor mark on a rim, etc

i bought my new $50k 2015 gmc truck at night(unwashed when i looked at it).....ive been screwed on new cars before and learned my lesson at age 19 that you need to inspect a new car just like it was a used car...and walk away if it has a physical defect.....my new GMC has HEAVY scrapes on every rim from the tire machine....if i would have seen it i would not have accepted it.....but buying in winter, at night, unwashed----i set myself up......so ive learned this lesson 2x now......i accepted my rim issue, i didnt go back to GMC and ask for new rims a week later....i beat myself up mentally over the flaw and dont blame others

now lets see the pic and be judged

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cube, just sell the car and buy a toyota, your moaning about a piece of plastic for Gods sake,:rolleyes: the problem is you will never be satisfied, right....
    TC

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'll post a fresh pic in around 25 minutes.
    Sure, When you learn to read the thread and realize that you think it's okay to buy a $72,000 car and get no customer service. If you would have read the thread I would accept "Deal with it" as an answer but other owners have had the issue resolved by SRT. Why can't I?

6. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you may have made someone angry w/ you by complaining too much...i own a small business and i get 1 or 2 REALLY bad customers a year....you may or not be this person, but the guy your complaining to may consider you in this category and treating you like someone who can go fly a kite

ive said it 100x, but ill say it 101 times....its a $20k SXT w/ a HC engine in it

they dont take a $15k Dart and make a $85-100k Viper out of it
    they dont take a Geo Prism and make a $50k Corvette out of it

but they do take a $20k Challenger/Charger and make a $72k Challenger/charger out of it

if you wanted a $72k body you needed to buy a Vette or a Viper

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You were offered an option but declined because it wasn't enough money, take the money and have your shop do the fix............
    TC

• Agree Agree x 6
  8. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No shop will preform the work for that amount, If SRT gladly finds a shop within an area i can drop it off reasonable then i'll gladly do it. I purchased a product that should be near defect free. If theres plenty of pictures of cat's on this forum without the molding defect why should i be the sucker to live with it?

9. Top Cat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The front cover cost around 287.00, getting it painted can't cost that much and you can put it on.
    TC

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Audir8

Audir8 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Try jb body works in mount Vernon. They are high end cars, have seen Hellcat on their site. Just had a car done there. Came back better than when I picked it up new.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You should be satified with your car. Srt should take care of you.

12. NorCaletch19He77Kat

NorCaletch19He77Kat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1st of all--72 grand really has nothing to do with it. I can nitpick any car at any price--any.
    funny--I havent had 1 problem with my HellCat or the Scat Pack my Wife drives or the 2011 SRT 392 I had.. I have a Ferrari that I have zero issues with and a hist of other exotics and nearly every muscle car ever built--but hey I just drive them and enjoy them..
    whether it's 25 grand or 300 grand, I just dont have warranty claims--maybe its just me..
    I think it goes to mind set, short of catastophic failures..
    and look--why should any manufacturer kiss your azz over a bumper?? Theoretically every car made could qualify for a buy back if the manufacturers dont hold the line somewhere..
    I hope anyone with a serious and material problem gets help--but it's nitpickers who drive up costs and ultimately can stop production of specialty cars for the rest of us.

My advice--go trade it on a Shelby and join a new forum. I would be willing to wager that you will have issues with the next car too..
    You have made your beef public on multiple occasions--now go away.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not nice.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am sorry that you are having these issues. It is not acceptable to have this drag on for so long. I hope that it works out to your satisfaction so that you can put this headache behind you! Hopefully the lawyer can get this resolved, as it has gone on far long enough, for all parties involved.

April

15. CubeMan

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The price dealerships quote for the hellcat bumper isn't 287 here. Labor for paint or body work alone can be 100-150 an hour in this area.

I was hoping for your wild tagent to have some type of point, but it didn't.