Returning Hellcat for Refund

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by 707HPWR, Apr 3, 2015.

1. 707HPWR

707HPWR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys, I know your probably thinking "what the Hellcat"? It's true!! Got my hellcat charger less than 10 days ago, and today I told the dealer to take it back, I don't want it.. When the car came in it had flaws in the b5 blue paint on the bumper, hood, roof, and trunk lid, I was told that Chrysler would send new parts but I'd have to paint the roof as it couldn't be removed and replaced. So I felt ok about that, not happy but ok, so I drop car off Monday and am told to pick up Thursday, today (Friday) I got to the dealer and they got the whole hellcat broke down, all glass removed, windshield is out, rear glass out, I ask the body shop, all this to paint a roof? Body shop manager tells me that nearly every panel has a mark or flaw so they are gonna do a complete paint job. I lose my mind, I didn't pay MSRP to get a new car with an aftermarket paint job! I head right to the dealer and tell them, keep the car, I don't want it, I ordered and waited for an original hellcat with factory original paint and I don't care if you knock off 10k, the car is worthless without the factory paint. No disrespect but no painter can paint better than the robots. The owner of the dealer (to my surprise) immediTly called the Chrysler rep and explained that Chrysler had to by the car back and rush out a new one. We will see, if Chrysler won't build a new one than I guess I'll be catless and maybe look at a Zo6. But I cannot keep a repainted 75k car, what do you guys think?

• Agree Agree x 13
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine has flaws if it was not the first it would be fixed or bought back.

3. Richard g

Richard g Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think you did the right thing.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I understand your position. I think I would feel similar in that situation. Sorry for the issues. I hope it works out!

5. CivilEngineer42

CivilEngineer42 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    6 of one half dozen of the other. If the shop is good, you will have a better paint job. But do understand your point...... Best of luck with it......

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. 707HPWR

707HPWR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I could live with a panel or two, but a complete! Might as well have them paint it Lamborghini yellow and at least be original, or maybe candy apple red, or how bout money green, now that's the ticket. Lol

7. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear but yeah it's your hellcat and if you aren't happy by all means return it and get one done correctly.

8. badash

badash Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    100% correct sir. They need to buy it back! I would never be OK with a repaint.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. F6F-3

F6F-3 SRT Hellcat Owner Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You got a pair of depleted uranium! I fear I couldn't say chuck it and walk away. I certainly can't fault you for your decision. I hope it works out the way you hope.

10. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Tell them to send it to the viper plant and have them paint it the color of your choice! And have a 1of 1

• Like Like x 6
  11. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with your decision. Hopefully, they will get a new one to you pronto.

12. candytrains

candytrains Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    you did the right thing shame on them to even think you would take it like that

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am really sorry to read about this! I also, would be furious to walk in and find the car that was supposedly ready to be picked up the day before was in pieces all over the shop, being prepped for a complete repaint without so much as a phone call to discuss it with me first! That said, after I calmed down I would have let them repaint the car, and I am not ashamed to say I would have calmly and politely demanded some sort of recompense for the dealership's gross incompetence regarding your customer service experience.

I am not hung up on a factory paint job, personally, because I am having Dante repainted within the next 12 -18 months anyway. I also plan, unless life throws me a major curve ball, to keep Dante for a very long time, so I really do not care what it is worth 15 - 20 years from now, as I will have more than gotten my money out of the enjoyment of the car.

I hope that you get the satisfaction that you want and deserve from Chrysler/Dodge. Please let us know how this develops, and hang in there!

April

• Like Like x 3
  14. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have to disagree with having them by the car back.you the car from the factory, and it came with issues,, my car has a few,, but the dealer can take the time to paint it right, and make it prefect,,,I would give them a chance. I had a dodge charger and had the dealer repaint red line pearl,, car came out prefect,, took a few weeks,, but it looked awesome.. I would give them a chance to paint it, if it's not perfect then have them get you another one

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
  15. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As much as I'd love to snag one of these babies, I would have done the same. If they are REALLY good at painting, then it might be better than the OE paint (which obviously can be crap too), but I doubt most dealer paint shops are in that league. Then there is the whole dis-assembly/reassembly process & again, how well it turns out depends on the competency of the dealer's guys & how much pressure they are getting to complete the job within xx hours !