Rockstar Status

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by dHL0L, Jun 19, 2015.

1. dHL0L

dHL0L Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Finally received some attention. And more than I had wanted. This thread is meant to tell cool stories of people molesting you and your Hellcat. Huggytree and I have received very little rockstar status when taking out the HC in and around Milwaukee - minus sticking their hands or fingers in your hole. I've had a few people here and there do a little bit of gawking but not until tonight did it make Rockstar Status. I went to pickup a few parts for my lawnmower and had 2 people ask me about it. Had a slowmaro rev his engine so I put it sideways for him and he wanted nothing more to do with me. Went to AT&T and had three people talk about it while in the store not knowing I was the owner. Numerous people went to the window and looked at it and one guy then went to his friend and whispered "that's the new one" and one salesman came outside to ask me what my favorite thing is about the car and if it was the +700Hp I liked best.

I told him "The whole thing is just ridiculous. There's not one thing about the car, it's the whole package. The sound, the power, the feel, the drive, the look....everything."

Leaving, a kid in a Grand Prix egged me on and a guy told me that's the first one he's seen in the wild, both while sitting at a red light. Then a Mustang wanted some of it.......and then realized he could have none. Then a ricer tried to get at me but with my first gear screaming at 55 mph and the exhaust popping like a semi-automatic, he turned and went the other way. Scared a few bystanders and had kids clapping and screaming in their yards. Then two guys at the gas pump, because I average 6 mpg, were clapping and taking photos and calling their friends when I pulled up. Apparently, there is another Torred in town that I have yet to see.

Tell your stories here, you are all Rockstars in your own right. Tonight, so I am. I don't always feel like a Rockstar.....but when I do, you will know!

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    A recent trip down the main drag in our small town, got a lot of looks and pics being taken. One passenger in a late model Rustang leaned clear over his buddy driving so that he could snap a pic of the Hellcat thru the side window. That would be the ultimate buddy betrayal. LOL

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have way too many stories. The younger people know what this beast is and give me thumbs up and/or snap pics. There was an idiot today in a power stroke f250 that wanted to launch at the light:eek:

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I've driven my Charger to several car cruises lately and it draws big crowds. Of course I leave the hood up for the spectators.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Michael Jutovsky

Michael Jutovsky The Mean Green Raccoon Eating Machine Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you want/need attention, bring the Hellcat to a car show or cruise in.
    If you bring a Hellcat to a car show, you are the car show!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sometimes I can barely get out of the gas station, the Verizon store, etc. I am stopped all the time, LOL!

April

• Like Like x 2
  7. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've had many, but the best one was when I was at the culver city car show, and after staying by my cat and getting worn out answering questions, decided to go have a glass of wine directly across the street from it, open patio type bar, I'm sitting there and two guys right behind me started chatting about the cars, till one said, "did you see that hellcat?, the other said yeah, that is one bad A$$ motherf......er. Man I wish I could own something like that, and they went on for a few more minutes, I sat there sipping my wine and smiling.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jim M

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Another place I've been stuck answering questions in the parking lot is Home Depot. I'm pretty busy at the car cruises too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. tsubahog

tsubahog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agreed! Surrounded by hot rods at a car show, the Cat had its share of admirers.

Went into an Auto Zone to buy a filter for my truck - couldn't find anyone to help me as they were all in the parking lot taking pictures of the Cat

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. Jim M

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Same thing at NAPA. And a half dozen of their mechanics came out to look too.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We went to a bull sh!t car show at the drive in. They would not let us in the show because they said it was for "classic" cars. I said this is. Its a Hellcat. not allowed in. We parked on the street next to the Drive in and there were more people looking at and talking about the Hellcat than ANY other car in the show. We had the only Hellcat there it was pretty cool. Other than that, nobody around here SE Wisconsin seems to give a crap about Hellcats. Just another car on the street.

• Like Like x 2
  12. purnrg

purnrg BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You're not going fast enough

13. Dakman

Dakman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On my way back from Hartford had a couple of 'fast and furious' BMWs taking pictures as we were running down the highway. The passengers threw out a couple thumbs up and indicated they wanted me to stretch the cats legs but with the wife in the car I had to behave. o_O

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just the other day, A group of roller skating, bikini wearing college girls went past me parked in the lot of a Comfort Inn. I had just got my room key & was headed back out to the car to get my gear. When the lead co-ed, in the slinkiest black two piece I'd ever seen asked me if I knew that she & her girlfriends were as hot as my car...

From there, there was this shower scene..........

I may have not felt smarter staying there.... But you may feel dumber after reading this post!:p:D

• Funny Funny x 3
  15. MzKitty

MzKitty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Had a corvette that was on the access road get on the Highway and catch up with us. He had a brand new car one with paper tags still on it. When he pulled up next to us he nodded and gave us thumbs up with a big grin. He proceeded to rev his motor and took off. Hubby downshifted to 5th stepped on the gas and it was on. He didn't stand a chance caught him in short order and left him in the dust. He tried to keep up but realized it was a losing battle so with his tail between his legs he got off at the next exit. The only thing that would have made this more fun was if I had been driving. I let the hubby drive at least once a week because I love to see the twinkle in his eye and the smile he gets when he drives her and yesterday was his day. It was like old times and we were 17 again. Priceless moments

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1