Roll Poll

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by GoodCaptain, Apr 1, 2016.

?

HAVE YOU ROLL-RACED

1. No, NEVER!

27.6%
  2. Yes, but only on that secret legal road!

27.6%
  3. Arrest me now!

44.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Roll racing is a potentially dangerous activity. Yet I don't know anyone who has not succumbed to the urge of roll racing at some point, especially on a quite road.

In NO WAY do I advocate roll racing in public. It can put others at risk an minimally there's no system in place to give you aid if you make that "mistake."

But again, I'm simply being honest in admitting that I've done it. And overall it's pretty dang common here in NY & LA and again, I don't know a soul who hasn't done it. As I have been told many times, 99% of all races are from a roll. The safety factors aside, this is just a fact of life and while a few drivers may insist that they smoked but "never inhaled" I believe the reality is that most have.

Since most sports cars are NOT tracked, are we to suppose that the rest drive their cars like minivans?

So..have you or haven't you??? If it helps, let's just go CODE and ask "have you roll raced on a mysterious closed road?" BTW...the arrest me now VOTE is a joke of course!

Last edited: Apr 1, 2016
  2. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My days of organized street racing are long done. I will admit to the occasional hit on the highway if I see the opportunity. If the road is busy or it's just not the "right" area then I won't bother. As I've gotten older (33 now), I prefer going to the drag strip to get the need for speed out of my system.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Ray Hunsaker

Ray Hunsaker Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    so I guess in guilty on a few occasions ive done it and still will, but the circumstance needs to be right, traffic mostly. you cant tell me that you buy a 707 hp hellcat and you wont ever do it or only at the track. I call bullshit. go get a prius. imo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What is funny is from lights or rolling, even moderate throttle with the Hellcat leaves 90% of everyone who is pushing their cars to the max gasping.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have never done this, the consequences are too much for me. My brother was killed in a single car accident (not racing), I have kids and a wife. I understand and get the point of your thread and please don't feel any negativity towards anyone.

• Like Like x 1
  6. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat

Absolutely fine. And in no way should this rather silly poll be taken in any other way beyond amusement.

I've nailed it a few times, but I'm very careful about it.

Sadly, accidents often happen when we're simply just driving along. Sorry about your brother.

Robert

7. MABBRYFL30

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    goodcaptain, A8 roll is betterr than the M6,

8. Mopar22

Mopar22 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have every now and then in early mornings and late at night with no traffic; but that was with my 392. With my Hellcat when other cars pull up to challenge me, they will see the hellcat badge and back down.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. DNTBTHR

DNTBTHR Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Panamera turbo S. He lost

10. Puffy

Puffy Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I've done it twice. First time I was stalked by a 5.0 Mustang and the second time I was speeding up to pass a 2015+ Charger RT and it turned into a race. No one was around both times but 2 races in a year isn't too bad, I guess. Think I'll just look fast from now on.

11. GoodCaptain

GoodCaptain Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Here's the thing...

When I see a gray haired fellow along side in a Vette, I have some sense that he has experience. If we both run out our cars on empty road, it's likely okay. But when some younger driver pulls along side in a STI or Mustang, I worry. I've got some skills, but who's to say HE does? He could be a new driver or the car could be new to him.
    So then a simple little mash of the throttle could change abruptly if he's inexperienced.

Obviously, most people have raced at some point, but the above scenario usually keeps me back these days.

Robert

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. ppowell1983

ppowell1983 BANNED Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've done it a couple of times prior to owning the HC, but I have yet to roll race anyone with a car capable of keeping up.

13. MABBRYFL30

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    M6 roll at highway would you say your more likely to get loose?

14. Mills

Mills Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Never have nor never will. Top speeds scares the crap outta me...and cars these days are simply capable of getting crazy fast crazy quick and rolling at 40-60 and nailing it you know nobody is letting off till well above 120 (if it is even close).

I like acceleration, but after that ~1320 ft my brain kicks in and starts thinking about all the things that could go wrong...and when they go wrong way up there - they always end bad.

Sadly - there is no track around here so many guys are out street racing - whether that is rolling or dig racing

15. BD2DBONE

BD2DBONE Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Once I had a Camaro come up along side me and nail it. It was not safe, cars were ahead. It was an RS and I don't know if that type even has what it takes. Jail is not the place for me.