Roof Damage on Delivery

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Mopar_Convert, May 20, 2015.

1. Mopar_Convert

Mopar_Convert Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi all,

Took delivery of my B5 Blue Hellcat today...well, sort of. As we pull up to the truck, the truck driver says "Some of these cars have damage, the blue one is the worst." Great. Looks like somebody dropped a tie down chain from the car above down onto the Hellcat during the train ride, put a nice couple of dents in the roof. Car had 4 miles on it.

Dealer is trying to do a paintless dent repair, otherwise, will need to paint much of the roof at least and I prefer factory paint.

Stuff happens.

Anyway, here's a video of it coming off the truck for your bemusement, and a pic of the roof damage.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 21, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Colorado Hellcat

Colorado Hellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Man that sucks big time.

Sad to day I doubt they'll be able to fix that with paintless dent repair with the damage on the crease like that.

3. Driver72

Driver72 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Those guys that transport cars to dealers are a bunch of knuckleheads. They damage cars all the time.
    They often treat these brand new cars like they are tow truck drivers picking up a broken down car on the side of the road.

I can't believe manufacturers and dealers don't hold those shipping companies liable for the damage they do to cars.
    My Hellcat had a bit of a scuff on the front bumper that was able to be buffed out and also had a tiny ding (no paint damage) in the 1/4 panel which I am suppose to have the paintless dent repair done for as well. I haven't had it done yet, as I have been too busy.
    Dealer gave me a 3 year contract with a paintless dent repair company for my troubles, so I can fix any future small dings too.

But the dealers shouldn't have to do that. It should be on the transport companies, and more importantly the drivers themselves who should have their checks deducted a bit each time they damage a car due to their complete "I don't give a fuk" attitude they often have as they quickly and carelessly hook up and unhook up these brand new cars.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sucks it's on the crease like that, but I've had more challenging (har!) dents worked out by a talented PDR guy.

I wonder why they have stopped putting that white plastic stuff on the horizontal surfaces, seems the cost of all these post transit repairs would be enough to justify the cost of the plastic protector stuff.

5. gabe

gabe Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My car roof got damaged In my garage when a quarter inch pvc pipe fell on it from two feet above it. That metal is so thin. The pdr guy said he could not get to it because it was on the bar above the door. He was able to pull it and did a great job.

6. april77

april77 SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Grtz on the Cat! So sorry to see that it has an "Owie" ... they will fix it, though! I love the color!!!!

April