Roof spoiler?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by Steppenwolf, May 21, 2016.

1. Steppenwolf

Steppenwolf VIP Hellcat Member

Running hard ... in the Wasteland of my Mind.
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Was just curious whether you HC veterans know if there are any aftermarket/customizing vendors for high-end muscle cars who make roof spoilers (sometimes called "rear roof wings") specifically for a HC Challenger, ... or close enough that the spoiler could be modified to fit properly?

Thanks!

2. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So time back there was a company that made an integrated tall wing for challenger. Lots of body work as it wasn't a bolt on.

Google should find it

3. Steppenwolf

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks - I'll check for it .... The roof-wing idea is more of an "appearance concept" at this point. Would want some flair to it, but similar to the trunk spoiler.

Saw this pic of a Challenger with one, sort a "Mad Max-ish" Interceptor look. See attached thumbnail ...

Attached Files:

4. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    :eek:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. SRTFighter

SRTFighter Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I dont like how it sticks staight up like that. I could see pointed towards the rear as a possibility. Kinda like what a lot of hatch back cars have.

6. HadesGata

HadesGata Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    "We have a problem here. She... is not... what she seems. Bubba Zanetti has it on good authority. She's sent by the bronze. Full of treachery. The bronze... take our pride..."

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. Steppenwolf

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, I once saw a black Supra like that, ... the owner had attached a fiberglass roof wing with a high sweep to it, painted to match the car's finish. Rear end was jacked up a bit as well ... Purely visual candy, not a "performance enhancement."

I'm sure that Supra, like the Challenger in the previous thumbnail, were inspired by the look of V8 Interceptor from the original 1979 MM film. (See attached thumbnail).

Attached Files:

8. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I thought perhaps you had something like the attached silver one in mind. I could say "maybe" to that.

Be Bearweeee Carefuwl...the car looks great because of the professionally designed lines that have "flow". An erect Great Wall of China on the roof, to me, is a distraction. It would be a shame for you to spend your money on it and then tired of the look. There are so many cool upgrades available to invest in!!!

Having said that...your ride and, as many here say regularly, you should do what makes you happy and enjoy your cat.

I do enjoy seeing what fellow forum members conceptualize. How about just add the sidepipes, flares, wheels/tires and old school stance from the Interceptor?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i would consider a superbird spoiler on the roof.....the mad max look is too conservative

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. SRTFighter

SRTFighter Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hayabusa, I like how everyone around here is nice and supportive but there is a limit to how far is too far even if it is their vehicle.

To the OP, Tread carefully with adding things to your car or else you end up with something like what I posted below. Not saying adding a roof spoiler is anything close to this but I am sure he started somewhere.... I am coming from the neon SRT 4 world and although I love those cars to death it saddens me the state of how they are currently modded and upkept. This sends the value on them way down. I would hate to see that happen to these cars. Fortunately the price is high enough to keep them out of kids hands for a while. People dont realize it at the time but the community as a whole affects the value of everyone elses car too. Keep the value of these cars high for as long as you can.

04302013801.jpg 06102013843.jpg

11. Steppenwolf

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well, ... some interesting comments here. Thanks.

I guess there's a "yes," "no," and " maybe" response ....

If you've studied the spoilers in these pics, the roof and trunk spoilers work together visually and geometrically as a pair, or unit. Together they give the back-end of the car a distinctive look, especially with the rear jacked up and running on larger tires.

The pair of spoilers in post #7 above, which are on a MM "homage" car built off a converted Aussie Ford Falcon XB coupe, look exaggerated when compared to the more subtle rendering on the Challenger pic in post #3 above.

In the case of a 2016 Challenger (whether Hellcat, 392 SRT, Scat Pack Shaker, et al), the roof wing should match the curvature and profile of the factory trunk spoiler.

In my initial post, that was really all I was asking about - whether any aftermarket vendors made these.

I assumed, maybe in error, that I wasn't the first Challenger owner ever to ask if someone out there made one. I should also add that there's zero interest in adding the faux "blower" popping thru the bonnet, nor adding faux quad exhaust pipes from the underside.

Last edited: May 21, 2016
  12. Hayabusa

Hayabusa Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ummm...I was serious about the wheels/tires, old school stance, and some real sidepipes...

13. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Outstanding! Greatest movie ever! Bravo

14. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The viper acr spoiler is the only one which really intrigues me if it could be somehow incorporated on the HC. If there is a hydraulic contraption that can be designed to allow it to sit flush so as to look like the OEM one we have currently, or be raised at a push of a button...that would be amazing.

Not a huge fan of the roof spoiler but to each their own.

15. BULL

BULL ________173.7mph_______ ___2016 Colorado Mile___ Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I'd be curious if there is any version of this (raked back more, slotted, what have you...) that would prove beneficial in a wind tunnel? (Aesthetics aside)

My guess is that the answer is yes, but as with most aero, it's always a trade off in drag vs down-force.

To me what's interesting about it is that you potentially get symmetrical down force (front to rear) with ONE wing...

But there's still that fugly thing...