SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Running 9's

4K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Dances With Empties 
#1 ·
I'm so proud of you guys running 9's what an awesome achievement. I know it's still early in the development of these cars. But I am curious if you guys think it's possible at some point down the road to run a high 9 without NOS, Meth or E85? I'm ok with pullies, tune, headers, cam, intake, injectors and ported blower. Just not interested in NOS, Meth or E85. Will that be enough in the future to run a 9?

#3 ·
I'd much rather convert to E85 than have to open the engine up for cam, intake, ported blower. I'd much rather start with E85, injectors, BAP, tune, upper pulley, lower pulley and headers. All bolt ons, easy-peasy.

Reactions: DGatzby
#4 ·
The car can run say 10.85 with Drs with 640+/- rwhp stock but the additional rwhp from an upper/ lower,ported, tuned and full exhaust should yield approx 810-850 rwhp does not translate to a 9.99 time slip without NOS. Based on the math it should but it doesn't ? I always thought 1000 ib or 100 +/- rwhp is enough to lower your et by 1 second. There is obviously more to running a 9 than horsepower alone. I'm no expert. We will see it someday but it will take every bolt on under sun and a perfect set up.

#5 ·
Interweb educated, but I'm going to say it's next to impossible without NOS on a H/C that hasn't had the guts rip out of the engine. A few in the know said it would be an expensive trip to the 9's. They appear to right! Mods with NOS has shown the car can do a 10 flat & their claiming 900 hp out of that beast.

I think the 1st thing this car needs to go faster is a diet. Haven't really heard of anyone stripping out their car yet?

Not saying it won't go into the 9's; just a lot cash, tune, NOS and/or injector swap to get there...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.