Satin Black Delete without buyer approval

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Paladin06, Dec 30, 2014.

1. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you're reading this and you're a representative Dodge, know that the removal of my ordered Satin Black hood without my approval is totally unacceptable. I will seek legal advice as I have a signed sales agreement with one of your dealerships. I refuse to accept the car you want to sell me. I ordered the car I wanted. The damn car has set for over a month waiting for a hood that you shipped the car without. I will flip this car as soon as possible and buy a car from a manufacturer who respects it customers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Jim Hetrick

Jim Hetrick Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

They will just make you wait until the hood is available and send you a car. It sounds like you are saying that they shipped a car to the dealer without a hood, if so they can put on regular hood and sell it someone else. If you were promised a car as ordered it doesn't have to be that car, in your own words it "not as ordered". Good luck with legal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Paladin, at least they have built my car with the Satin Hood, now, they just will not release it.

4. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would say the dealer is the one that would change the build or at least been notified that the build is going to change and the dealer should contact you after that.

is your car built...does it have a VIN.....has it been shipped?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Step back from the ledge and relax.

Those at Dodge who schedule the orders, NOR the assembly plant, are going to change your ordered car, so you are yelling at the wrong person. Your dealer implementing it into the system has the ability to though. Dodge is going to make whatever is on the build request. As for legal recourse, you have none. If car comes without the hood, then the dealer gets to sell it as an inventory vehicle, all they are required to do is deliver you one with the black hood or refund your money if they cannot. Many people who order cars like this don't understand one important legal point; ordered vehicles like this are not legally binding until the car has been PRODUCED with a statement of origin and VIN #, the dealer has been invoiced for the car, and you have signed the full purchase agreement in the finance office stating the deal has been finalized and how it has been paid for (this is the long piece of paper you sign in the office where they try to upsell you everything).

My guess is your dealer changed your order a while ago to get the car faster figuring you would either be A) Happy and still accept minus the black hood, or B) Will be more than happy if you don't accept as they can then sell it for a markup and let you have the second one once it ever gets in.

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. Russ Baskin

Russ Baskin Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry for your loss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jim Hetrick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The very last option a dealer has is to paint your hood other than that Tannehill is 100% on the money

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    that sucks Paladin, so now you'll have a choice to make, accept the car minus the hood or walk and await another build. First thing I'd do is check with your dealer to see if they changed your hood option and if so, what they plan to do to make it right with you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Bjax

Bjax Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just paint the damn hood yourself!!!! Jeezus

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. AvsBest

AvsBest Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Ask for the POC again, you will see what options were selected by your dealer. If the hood is no longer on there, you know it's the dealer that removed it

11. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    And this will obviously be done at Paladin's expense, the dealer won't do it for free as it will cut into their profit they want on this vehicle.

12. Jim Hetrick

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Unless the Dealer changed it and there was an agreement between them for a black hood. Room to negotiate

• Like Like x 1
  13. CU89

CU89 VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why not wrap the hood and then pickup an OEM hood when they are more available? Since your dealer (or their Regional Manager) is the only one who could have made that change, see if you can get them to commitment to install the hood for free or at reduced labor. Otherwise, flip it. Rumor is no more Sublime after February (see Torque News). Someone will pay you a premium for the car.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ATLHellcat

ATLHellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You can have a show-quality hood painted for $1K. You don't have to accept and buy the car if you don't want it. Dodge deleted my sunroof without my prior authorization and I'd prefer the sunroof, but not going to wait 6mo for one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just keep it. I am guessing the dealer omitted the option. But if you or anyone else hears otherwise please let us know.
    If mine comes in red, I will still keep it and the hood will stay red. Not going to paint or wrap it after the fact.

• Agree Agree x 1