Satin Black Hood (Painted) an alternative!

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by gts_2001, Dec 20, 2014.

1. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    (Copied over from Satin Black Hoods Only!! post)

I sent this to RiderGraphix.com just a few minutes ago:

Wrap for 2015 Challenger Hellcat‏
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

To: info@ridergraphix.com

Hello:

Within the next 2 weeks, I anticipate delivery of a 2015, Sublime Green Challenger Hellcat. Like many people who have been in pursuit of this hot car, I originally placed an order for the Black Satin hood option. To date, no cars have been delivered with this option (likely because of technical issues with the paint process - but this is still unclear) and all have had to drop the option in order to get their cars. It is still doubtful as to when, if ever, SRT will have this issue resolved leaving many current and prospective owners without the exact look that they want. (Please check hellcat.org for the many posts about the Black Satin hood issue).

I have been very satisfied with the Strobe Stripe kit I purchased from you for my 2008 SRT 8 Challenger. Have you already developed a Flat Black (or other color) hood wrap for the 2015 Hellcat? If not, do you have plans to make a wrap available? I suspect that there may be some technical issues with the hood scoop and vents for this hood. Is it possible that a suitable work-around (cut outs around the center scoop and lateral air vents) ala the Shaker Hood might be an option?

Obviously, there are at least hundreds if not thousands of owners that would would purchase this option (in some form) if it became available for the Hellcat. Additionally, there has been discussion about the Strobe Stripe with the Hellcat Logo at the tail end (ala AAR Cuda) as well. Might this be a possibility as well? (would trademarks and licensing issues pose a roadblock?) There's money to be made here, folks!

Please advise, thanks! I will be posting your reply on Hellcat.org as it becomes available as there are many interested members. You may be receiving additional email from Hellcat.org members lobbying this request if needed!

Thank you and I look forward to your reply!

(This will be copied and pasted into a new post when I hear from them to make following this topic easier)

REPLY:

Re: Wrap for 2015 Challenger Hellcat‏
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] gts_2001,

We offer Flat Black and Carbon Fiber hood wraps. With the way they work, you could not do a pre cut "cutout" for any of the scoops.

Any black plastic insert that was installed in the opening of any scoop would have to be removed prior to the start of the install. The material is then Stretched into the various low spots on the hood as well as being wrapped around the edges.

Then, once the wrap is totally installed, cuts can be made in the vent areas, the material wrapped into the openings, then the black plastic grills can be reinstalled.

Thanks
    Brian Rider Ridergraphix.com

(Looks like this is our best option for now!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes we want this hood wrap!! Come on Brian heres a chance to really capitalize and seize the moment..

3. Kevin M

Kevin M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not seeing a hood wrap specific for the Hellcat...