Satin Black Hoods Only!!

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Paladin06, Dec 15, 2014.

1. Paladin06

Paladin06 Have Guns Will Travel Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If you ordered the satin black hood and are stuck pending build, delivery or you canceled the hood to get your car early, this is the post for you.

My status is JS since 27 Nov and I have NO idea what's going on. The car is at Taylor in MI. What's your story?

VIN 714177

2. Darren

Darren Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I placed my order of white with satin black hood as well on November 1st. Dealer call d me Saturday and said it may not be in until March 1st as nobody has received a Hellcat yet. I know he is full of bull.

3. ATLHellcat

ATLHellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    713818. Built 11/26 and sitting at Taylor. Does it have the black hood? Waiting for the black hood? Don't know but RS said last week that it is scheduled for ship tomorrow so I'll ask for an update tomorrow. It will either be on the train to Georgia or the ship date will slip again. It is in the 60's for highs this week here and sure would like to go on a drive!

• Like Like x 1
  4. RammJaeger

RammJaeger Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    FH713768 ordered on 9/9, D1 since 9/16. Last friday I reluctantly cancelled my black hood in order to get my car sooner. The main motivator was that I had already put down a non-refundable deposit for a race event in January that I plan to take the car to. I plan to have the hood wrapped, and possibly sometime next year order another one and trade it in so I can get exactly what I want (I already lost my sunroof as well that was taken off my order).

5. PWRWGN

PWRWGN Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Car was shipped for black hood on............OCTOBER 9th.............that's a g@% d$^*! long wait for something that I could have done myself in one day....and just like the rest of you, I know nothing and NOBODY can tell me anything. If only there was a way to get the car and then have the check bounce so I could tell dodge that I have the money but it isn't released for shipping yet. And keep telling them that for two months and counting. This has been a great experience with ordering a 60K+ car from dodge.....if they want me to NEVER buy a Chrysler product again. Okay, I have vented for today and will continue to wait....

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    CANADIAN with a Von in BX since July. Ordered the satin hood, the hold up for me is I apparently live in the wrong country.... Losing interest daily

• Like Like x 1
  7. dieselsc

dieselsc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ya, Canadians are pretty low on the pole according to Dodge and how can they can screw up painting a hood is beyond me, they really dropped the ball on this one and to not even to send out a statement or reasoning to the public who is buying their products is even worse.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    when i updated my build last week.. it was no longer available to add in the system, but had it until then.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2014
  9. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ordered mine first day. black hood option Red 6M,
    The dealer called me about 10 days two weeks after and said would be January/Feb if I keep the hood. if I wanted the car to drop the hood and get it asap. I decided to wait. We got hit with early snow and ice roads are salted so I would store the car till spring. I contacted the SRT and dealer and was going to make the call to omit the hood option since it did not sound good. During my week of deciding to keep or drop the hood my car got built and sent to the vendor. ( Built - Pending Inspection (I) 12/04/2014 11:00 PM EST Brampton Assembly, ON Departed Facility 12/11/2014 03:45 PM EST Avi - Vls Charlevoix Yard, MI
    JB status)

So I am in the club for waiting for a vendor. Still not sure why they ship cars every day to a place that does not release them. You would think they would just build cars that don't have the option and get them out.
    One would also think they would ship a load of hoods to the vendor and assemble them with the build.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Darren

Darren Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why in the hell does it take so long for the black hood? It's 2014 and a dam black hood takes that long? This makes absolutely no sense in today's manufacturing process!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Car built 12/08, now in the Black Hood hole. No information or updates. Now, in the dead of winter, I guess that is as good of a place as any. There would be few driving days anyway.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. sublime6spd

sublime6spd Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  13. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Abe, If you still want the satin hood, have them add it to your POC. It will show 0 dollars under the cost, but will still be on the POC. When they get this
    situation resolved, the hood will be on the order and they will add the 995 to the itemized cost line. I still have mine on the POC after adding the brass monkey
    wheels. FWIW

• Like Like x 1
  14. dieselsc

dieselsc Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
  15. mopar sickness

mopar sickness Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sublime built 12/6 shipped to black hole.found black hole and going to do a drive by to check things out after work tomorrow

• Like Like x 1