Satin hood 3m film

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Appearance' started by Baddkty, May 3, 2016.

1. Baddkty

Baddkty Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys. Here in metro Detroit car modding and such is huge. Even with that, I can't find anyone that will xpel/3m the satin hood. They are all saying, they have been told by the automaker that if the protecting film was to be removed for any reason, it will damage and or leave shinny spots on the satin finish. Anyone hear of this? Even called the best guy in Michigan, where he does million dollar cars and was told, he won't touch the satin hood.

Thx guys.

2. TrackDay

TrackDay Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Have you considered just putting a clear bra on the front fascia and not the hood? That's what I did.

3. Baddkty

Baddkty Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have. This issue is, this hood is a *****. Everything smears it. If love to have a film over it.

4. MuscleGarageLA

MuscleGarageLA SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know some members have applied the stealth 3m film on the satin hood. It is a clear film I think and hopefully some of them can chime in and help out Baddkty and others who might benefit from their individual experiences. Cheers..!!

Another suggestion: try posting this, in the general hellcat/challenger section. You will definitely get more hits/reponses.