Saturday...some days it doesn't pay to get up and out

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Toolman_42, Apr 17, 2016.

1. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So the weather is finally great and I've got to make a trip to visit my mom about an hour away. I leave on what should be an easy drive with the sun shining. About 40 minutes into the drive I hear a low level 'ding' but nothing shows on the dash. 5 minutes later I hear a small tick but don't see anything. I arrive at my destination and park the Hellcat. Said my hellos and prepared to go to lunch. Start the car and 'ding' CEL is lit up. Scroll to diagnostics and code P2626 showing. Quick internet check and HO2 (Hot O2 sensor) is the cause. CRAP!... Have to wait to see if it clears. So I'm scanning around before pulling out and damn there is a stone nick in my windshield. Starting to think I should have stayed in bed.

Off to lunch we go, finish eating and time to visit the parts store for windshield repair kit. Quick find, Permatex kit, $15 cures in the sun. Kit is complete, push pin, razor, alcohol pad, syringe, resin, attachment gizmo. Get back to the house and surprise, it needs to be done in the shade. So my 87 year mother is holding a golf umbrella while I do the repair. In the end, seems to be void of air and sealed back up. Repair is barely visible.

And through the multiple cycles my P2626 code and CEL cleared. Still will need a visit to the dealership to have it checked out...more than likely the code will be returning as sensors don't usually fix themselves.

Bright sunshine and open roads didn't help any as blue lights were everywhere since everyone had their motorized things out tearing up the roadways.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. JollyRoger

JollyRoger Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bummer of a day Toolman. Glad to see you got to spend some time with your Mom though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. 209srt8s

209srt8s Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not a perfect day for you, but it could have been worse...no blue lights chasing you.
    Some days you're the windshield...some days you're the bug, uhh in this case the gravel.

• Like Like x 1