Saying hello from NJ

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by AnthonyOnorato, Mar 11, 2015.

1. AnthonyOnorato

AnthonyOnorato Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm Anthony, I actually am not a Hellcat owner but I am fascinated with the cars and I'm looking forward to learn as much as possible about them. I am a detailer, so having extensive knowledge of these cars is invaluable to me. I already corrected and coated one Hellcat with CQuartz Finest and have the second scheduled for next week.

Please feel free to contact me for any questions or advice!

• Like Like x 1
  2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hello Anthony, and welcome to the forum! Thanks for joining and sharing your knowledge with us!

April

3. Gtotoy

Gtotoy Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome aboard Anthony! So stoked to see my baby after your done with it next week!

4. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome. Most people here aren't owners either. The cars are too darn hard to get (my bad humor -- sorry). Welcome. Post up some pics of your Hellcat details. I'd love to see them.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. 707HP

707HP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine was Anthony's first. He also did my mustang. Both looked great after cquartz. He is great to deal with!! I will leave it to him post pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  6. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    TMI

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why hello there from Wisconsin! My car is currently getting the CQuartz as we speak!

8. magnummrk

magnummrk SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Question for you about CQuartz finest.

Is this something people can do themselves?

Also is there a difference between CQuartz Finest and CQuartz? Are they the same product?

9. Odin

Odin Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I saw your video of the Hellcat getting the C Quartz Finest on YouTube today. Nice work!!!

10. AnthonyOnorato

AnthonyOnorato Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    How the hell did you see that so soon?! I uploaded it specifically for the write-up I just finished.

Anyway, thanks for the warm welcome guys! I posted the detailed write-up of 707HP's Hellcat in the Detailing section.

As for CQuartz and CQuartz Finest, they are not the same product...although similar, the professional version has quite a few advantages but also takes a bit more precision and is less forgiving. Someone inexperienced with applying coatings could find themself having to polish a whole car again. I've installed many coatings in the last few years and there's a reason I've stuck exclusively with Finest for the last two years!

• Like Like x 2
  11. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anthony. Have you ever used Opti Coat Pro? Curious what your take is on it.

I'm a huge fan of Optimum products (I use most of the line). I used to apply Opticoat 2.0 when it was available to the public (I'm a pretty good hobby detailer of my own stuff).

Since I like Optimum so much I opted (no pun intended) to go with Opti Coat Pro on my cat. Of course it will professionally applied as I can't get it (I tried a few sources but no go... I respect them for not breaking the rules). The biggest issue is that it flashes much quicker than 2.0 so if you dont' know what you are doing you will get high spots looking like haze and hence you need to polish etc.

Anyway, not trying to start a CQuarts Finest vs. Opti Coat Pro debate. Just curious if you have used it and what you think. I'm going with OCP only because I like their products and I tend to do my own thing.

Going to check out your youtube video now. I hope you stick around this site and share some detailing tips and advice with us. Like I said I'm only a hobbyist doing mostly my own stuff but I love detailing and learning from people that know more than me.

12. AnthonyOnorato

AnthonyOnorato Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have my own reasons for not using Opti-Coat, but that's neither here nor there. Opti-Coat is a great product, and although in the same spectrum as Finest, they're still very different products. Opti-Coat is still a good coating. As for installation, it's very similar to 2.0, pretty hard to mess up especially with experience with 2.0. Optimum has Gloss Coat out now to replace 2.0. If you wanted to do the coating yourself and you're not interested in Finest, you should check out CQuartz UK...fantastic product that has proven it's worth! As long as proper prep is done, which it sounds like you're more than capable of doing, you should have no issues! I hate to come of as a CarPro/CQuartz fanboy, as I use plenty of different products...I have just been so impressed with their coatings, as well as many of their other offerings, that I find myself recommending them to people more often than most other brands.

13. Odin

Odin Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Every so often I lookup "Hellcat" on YouTube then hit the today filter button. You must have just uploaded it. Great video!

14. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I decided to go with the pro over the gloss coat. Time will tell if I'm happy or not!!! Keep up the good work you are doing!

15. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Welcome and enjoy!