Scat Pack vs Hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Kaneda, Nov 12, 2015.

1. Kaneda

Kaneda BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My brother has a scat pack Charger and I have a M6 Hellcat Challenger. I'll say this, that damn scat pack is fast. Sure the Cat pulls away, but not as fast as you'd think. He also removed some of the muffler and his car sounds wicked! I was just shocked how fast that car is being down 200bhp.

Also the charger suspension feels tighter than my challenger. Both awesome cars.

2. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Those manual HC's must also have different suspensions than an A8. LOL

That SP has smaller wheels and tires and smaller suspension components. But we have seen those wipe manual HC's in 0-60 or more if you cannot get your M6 into motion, IF they have aftermarket wheels and tires.

But, suspension and handling should not be the same. May be hard to discern but that HC should feel more firm. You trying the HC in Track Mode? Mine is solid and real, real firm. The SP does not even have an adaptive suspension like an SRT.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. bighit2883

bighit2883 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with the OP. My dads scat pack charger also rides stiffer than my hc challenger. I always have my suspension in street. The sp is basically what the hc feels like in sport suspension. It is a little stiffer.

4. Rocky_Rhode

Rocky_Rhode Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Once you get cars into the 12-second, and lower range, it takes significant amounts of HP to see noticeable differences. Hellcat was designed to be more than all about how fast it runs in a straight line; upgraded suspension, brakes, etc. Put them both on a road course where the differences in engineering design will shine and you WILL see a significant difference.

5. Garfield

Garfield Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've said this in many threads the past week. 12s not so much.. Once you hit low 11 or high 10 this is huge! 1sec et difference between a 13s and 14s car is approx 2-3 lengths. The difference between a 10s and 11s car is approx 330 ft. Or 1/4 of the track.

The hellcat vs scat pak races I've seen is drastic w 1/8 mile of track between them. And it's not just 200hp its 200+ throughout the entire powerband which is huge!

6. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The smooth consistent power of the SP is deceiving that is what is so great about many mopars, they make huge hp thru out the entire rpm range.

I don't know about the suspension my cat rides and handles awesome. Its a road car you can take to the track.

• Agree Agree x 1