Scheduling Priority for Hellcat

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by mccdriver, Aug 18, 2015.

1. mccdriver

mccdriver Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On my build sheet i have a scheduling Priority as 1-Sold Order. Does that mean anything? Still waiting on VON. My dealer has confirmed that car will be at dealership by mid to late October.

• Like Like x 1
  2. tjohnson

tjohnson Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Who knows. For 2015 builds, that meant absolutely nothing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vinnerman

Vinnerman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    You should have gotten a VON within minutes of the dealer placing the order. A "sold" order "should" come sooner than a "stock" order. With the info you gave in your post the dealer would have no idea when the car will come, he can hope and guess is all. There are lots of things that happen as the order moves along, if your dealer is on the ball and cares, he will let you know when the order reaches the different stages. Once you have a VIN, the car will happen and then a "possible" range of dates can be projected.

4. HELLKAT_NY

HELLKAT_NY Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Von is instant with order. If you don't have it, I'd worry

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. mccdriver

mccdriver Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i will check with them tomorrow first thing. I was told they should have it within a day. keeping fingers crossed.

6. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    My war story... I ordered a Charger HC in Feb. and got a VON in about an hour. The dealer sent me the POC and it showed "Sold Order - Priority 1". But the order was stuck in BG status and wasn't scheduled for build. I found another Charger at another dealer. The car I bought was built in Apr. It was a "Stock Order - Priority 4". That means this priority 4 car was built while my priority 1 car never got scheduled. So the priority number apparently means nothing to the crack team doing the build scheduling. The only thing you can rely on seems to be a VIN number when it is issued.

7. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Same here...Ordered 12 Jan got POC with VON from my local VA Dealer when ordered was placed. Multiple statuses BG, BX, BG while they played games with the allocations. Never got a VIN on my Customer Order Priority 1. I did however find a Charger HC at a dealer in GA that was a Stock Order - Priority 4. Window sticker was clean...no "built for" notation so it wasn't a customer order that fell thru.

So FCA let my order sit while they provided HC's to other dealers around the countryside. Regional Salesperson went to bat for an allocation but they blew her off. I got a voucher... So there is no rhyme or reason to what FCA will do with any HC order.

8. Vinnerman

Vinnerman Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    If you have a POC, Priced Order Confirmation sheet, the VON is on it, center top of the page. Depending on how busy the computer system for Dodge and your dealer is, it could take a few minutes for the system to accept the order and spit out the POC. A VON tells you nothing other than the dealer submitted a "proper order" (hit all the right keys on the keyboard) Good luck, lots of people on this forum that can give "correct" information as your order moves in the system. You will find more accurate info here than from your dealer.

• Agree Agree x 1