Scratches by Mopar logo on windows

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Lurch251, May 27, 2015.

1. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had my windows tinted at Alta Mere and afterwards I noticed scratches on the windows around the Mopar etched logo on the driver side and passenger side windows. AM is saying that the scratches were already in the windows and it's not in the tint. They also said that they have had problems with the same thing on Chargers & Challengers in the past.

Anyone else having the same issue?

2. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have about a six inch scratch on my windshield , but it's on the passenger side of the car..

3. SinisterKitty

SinisterKitty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't let them pull your leg. They scratched it, so they will have to replace it. It's a brand new car. I had the same thing happen to me. Window tint was peeling so the window tint guy had to replace it. They use a razor blade to help with the tint removal and they scratched the window in the exact place you're mentioned. The tint people replaced the window and retinted it as well, free of charge. If the tint place is worth anything they will do you right. It was $238 at the dealership to have the window replaced that's out the door. The window itself is like $170 then it was a half hour labor charge plus tax. It took about 30 mins while I waited. Good look and don't back down to shady business practitioners.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Brett M

Brett M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Mine has the same thing right above the Mopar sticker on the drivers side.

5. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah I agree. Right now getting the run around. "It's in the glass and we've had problems with Chargers & Challengers with those type of scratches. We don't do anything that would cut your glass." So I took it back to my dealer and the service manager is seeing what he can do. Waiting to hear back.

Bad thing is I was so worried about the paint and looking it over I never looked at the glass, who would think I'd have too, so can't prove or disprove their "findings."

One way or another it will be replaced. Found defects in their tint on every window to include the windshield strip. Not saying the company name just yet but went to them because they are a national company was suppose to be good quality. Asking to just have the rest removed (had all the side windows removed before I took it to the dealer to ensure it wasn't in the tint) and asking for a refund. Keeping fingers crossed and trying not to go ape shit just yet.

6. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Was yours that way before or after the tint?

7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This situation sounds like a total pain in the buttocks! Good Luck, I hope you get this resolved in a speedy manner, with the least amount of hassle!

April

8. Brett M

Brett M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Honestly, if it was there before the tint, I did not notice. I did however notice the plastic tools the tint company uses and there is no way they could have scratched the window. My assumption is that this happened at the factory. Ill try to see if I can get a clear picture of it to post later.

9. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok the service manager at my dealership was able to get the windows replaced through FCA. Should be here in 3-5 days.

I talked to the place I had the windows tinted and asked if I could just have the remaining tint removed and get a refund due to finding defects in the tint and/or their work. Owner of the business said "that's not an option, but will do everything we can to make it right."

So I'm hoping the defects was just to a bad batch of tint or something. But some of the stuff I found was dirt or particles in the film so hopefully when they redo it I hope they do a better job of prepping & cleaning. I completely understand that "in every job there might be a small spot" but I've had tint jobs done at cheaper places with a lot better results.

10. Lurch251

Lurch251 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm waiting for the results of the re-tinting before I name the company. If it comes out the way it should afterwards then I don't have an issue, other than some of the stuff they should of caught and fixed or advised me of in the first place.