Seat question...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by LongbowDriver, Aug 17, 2015.

1. LongbowDriver

LongbowDriver Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So, are the Laguna seats as slippery as they look?

I'm thinking that for spirited driving and / or hot and humid environments, the Laguna leather is going to be uncomfortable and less grippy than the suede inserts. Can anyone lend any insight to this? Definitely considering a suede "downgrade" at the moment.

2. DrumHellCat

DrumHellCat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I can't speak for the HC Laguna but I have the Nappa/Alcantara seats and find them to be fantastic. I had Laguna in a previous vehicle and didn't feel they are worth the extra $$$. Not to mention some of the stretching/fit issues that have popped up with the Laguna. Wasn't worth the risk to me. Very glad I have the 'downgraded' seats.

3. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You would regret that!

4. LongbowDriver

LongbowDriver Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Why's that? Definitely want to consider all the pros and cons.

5. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I have the black Laguna in my Charger. They aren't slippery at all. The seat bolsters are the same and they hold you right in place. I just wonder if those who have had stretch problems with their Laguna weren't getting into a hot car while they are wet.

6. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Laguna seats are very supportive and provide "natural hugging". A main reason I got the Sepia color is that it breaks up all the black in the interior. Here in SoCal, it seems to help with the interior heat build up during these 100* days. The seats do soften up and conform to your frame after a while. Not slippery for me at all. I am 6'2" and weigh about 195 and am quite comfortable.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Fast cat

Fast cat BANNED Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Looks and feel. I have seen every option and even with the sagging that my car has I would regret not having it !

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    zero slip in my seats. I too was concerned for that exact reason but your butt doesn't move at all in these seats. I love my Laguna and I'm very happy I went with that upgrade.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I wonder now that the 2016 models only come with Laguna, does that make our alcantara seats more valuable? Like the sublime being discontinued?

10. Lighty

Lighty Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    No slip and they hug and hold you tight. Wouldn't want to be any wider! The ventilated seats are awesome too cool and comfortable!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. tsubahog

tsubahog Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    6'2" and 215lbs. Black Laguna in NJ. No slipping. No sagging. Hold me tight when cornering. Love 'em.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I have the black Nappa/Alcantara seats. Although they are working just fine with my less than svelte frame (6'4', 350lbs), I am unhappy with the boring overall look and the short lifespan suede tends to have in passenger cars. Frankly, when I bought the HC, I took what was available. So, for no other reason than cosmetics and ease of sliding in and out with full leather, I am currently having my interior redone...front and rear seating, along with door panels, arm rests and console. Not necessarily the smartest move to make from a money perspective, but when I get in and out and generally view the interior, I did not like the all black...never have, probably never will. Going with perforated white seating surface s and head rests, black bolsters and red stitching to match the brake caliper color...door panels, the same way, armrests remain black, but with the new stitch color...no change to the dash, headliner or carpet.

Overkill on the answer and probably did not answer it effectively, but had a couple of minutes to spare...

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. Hollywood

Hollywood Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    IMO, suede is no "downgrade". I love them because I did not want busted looking leather after a couple of years.

14. Max57

Max57 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I was contemplating ordering the leather if for no other reason then possible improved seat comfort. When I sat in a car that the leather and then in another with the Alcantara, I hardly felt any difference in the over-all comfort of the seat. With that being said, I really wanted the 'Ruby Red' interior with my Bright White SRT. I'm extremely happy with the choice and it's also nice having a cloth-type seat again!

15. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You'll be happy having some color other than just black with your Bright White HC. The Ruby Red would have been my choice as well.