SECOND radiator leaking

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Maintenance' started by Rob K, Oct 20, 2015.

1. Rob K

Rob K Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Some of you may remember, I had my radiator replaced about 6 months ago when they first found an issue with the crimping. They had to pull the whole front end off of my car (I think that's only the case with the Charger). Anyway it was done and completed fine.

About a week ago I started smelling coolant again. Checked Sunday and it was a little low. I added some. Monday morning there was a puddle under my car. I planned on driving to work then stopping by the dealer on the way back. 4 blocks in and my "engine coolant hot" indicator came on. Drove right to the dealer.

It leaked in the bay there too. Well I need another radiator. The tech told me that when they have an issue, they tend to replace cars with the damaged part with the SAME part until they fix it. So I got the same radiator the first time. Hopefully I get the fix this time...and the front end goes back on correctly.

Some pics below.

And on a side note, the other hellcat who visits my dealer pulled in for a tire issue and we got to talk for awhile. Always fun meeting another Cat owner!!
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Had to take this shot while she was up in the air. image.jpeg

2. COL P

COL P Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Rob,

Whose your servicing dealer and are you happy with their service? Just curious as I'm in the burbs of Philly and will be getting my cat from Reedman Toll in Langhorne.

3. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Man that is not a good deal. I hope they fix it with a newer radiator this time. I don't see why the new one could not be checked before putting it in the car.
    Hope you are safely roaring in the Hellcat soon.

4. Rob K

Rob K Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It took 5-6 months for it to start leaking again. I'm ok with it, it's one of those things you're forced to deal with when you buy a new model car.

5. Rob K

Rob K Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I would prefer to go to Reedman. I think they have a Chrysler employed tech on site and a much bigger, better service center. Problem is that Caitlin (where I go) is 4 minutes from my house and Reedman is 45.

Caitlin is Ehhh. Gotten better in the past 6 months but still not great. My tech, Bernie, is fantastic, very very happy with him and his ability to care for my car. He knows his stuff and takes pride in his work.