SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Seems Like The HC's Without Sunroofs are Drying Up

4K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  Slowpoke387 
#1 ·
I was looking around on the Dodge site and noticed that there are quite a bit fewer out there that don't have sunroofs. Now I'm going to need to go several states away to find one spec'd exactly how I want it. Bummer.

Reactions: Hammer Down
#2 ·
Use the sunroof money ($1995) to travel for your perfect HC. You'll have some great memories from the journey - plus you can reach break-in mileage on your way back. I flew to OK from MD to get my 2013 SRT (there were only 2 made for the us) and had a blast bringing it home.

#4 ·
I have one without the sunroof. For the sunroof option on the HC it's $1995, for the regular Challenger it's $1195. That's an $800 difference. It's the same body so the price should be the same. I rejected it because I don't like being gouged. The hood also went up a $1000 over last year. My hood is getting ready to be repainted because they still don't have it right, for the $2000 option it is going to be perfect or they can give me my $2000 back.

#17 ·
I always get a laugh out of people that get up on their pedestal and complain when they haven't done any research.

You're crying foul about being gouged because you're comparing the cost of a sunroof in a "regular" Challenger vs a Hellcat? You do realize that our cars create a TREMENDOUS amount more torque right? And as such, the sunroof area must be reinforced to prevent body twist and roof buckling. Do you really think the same frame and work goes into a V6 as it does in a Hellcat that produces this much torque?

Next time ask questions instead of making assumptions, and you may not have to miss out on so much in your life.

#8 ·
Although most of our cars are garaged, we see a lot of issues with drains plugging up. Not so much our car but other vehicles. When the drains plug, water will come in courtesy lights, both grab handles on front pillars. never seen one leak in a hellcat

#16 ·
Then it is a good thing these bodies are specially built to support a sunroof and minimize the chances of "problems down the road". I am glad we all have options so everybody can be happy. :).

#20 ·
Surely there are no sunroof owners that are complaining about the weight of the Hellcat being too much.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.