Selling prices of used 2015's Challengers

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by macden, Apr 19, 2016.

1. macden

macden SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am "discussing" with my insurance company what the agreed value should be on my Cat. I see a lot of ads for used Hellcats, but don't know what they are actually selling for. I have a Pitch Black, M6, upgraded seats and uConnect with a little under 4K. Does anyone have any details on the selling prices fro 15's

Thanks in advance

2. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They are all over the map. The insurance is going to pay as little as possible. If it's not to late see if you car get new car replacement which would pay you for a new car with no depreciation. It's only good for 2 years but by then the market should settle down.

• Useful Useful x 1
  3. macden

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have new car replacement for the first three years, but they lowered the "agreed" value. I am waiting to hear back from my agent how the agreed to value comes into play if I have new car replacement.

4. Hellcatmichael

Hellcatmichael SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow I didn't even know there was an agreed value. I was told it was what the same car with the same options would cost but one year newer. I have allstate who's your insurer?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2016
  5. macden

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    AIG, but I pay a lot. I wanted the agreed value and I wanted OEM parts if I got into an accident. There were not two many carriers that offer both and let you actually drive the car. Some of the specialty companies like Haggarty will offer the coverages, but you can only drive to car shows and stuff like that.

The Cat costs as much to insure as the Acadia and minivan, but the cost to replace it would be more than the other two combined.

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Mopurr

Mopurr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have mine insured through Grundy @ 100k, no questions asked, just had to send them a couple of pictures after I took delivery.

7. macden

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They had a clause I did not like "My vehicles(s) will not be used frequently for regular driving such as driving to and from work or school, shopping, errands, general transportation, or back-up use"

I did not want to go pick up my kid from school, get into an accident, and have them try and deny coverage because I was running an errand.

8. Mopurr

Mopurr Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep, I can see that might be an issue. I only drive my Hellcat strictly for pleasure so I can live with the restrictions. Just wanted to try & help you get an idea of what you may be able to get your actual cash value set at.

9. macden

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I appreciate it. Thanks

10. Cerino2000

Cerino2000 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wholesale values are still sitting in the low $60k's and have been there for a while. I'd say an average sell price $63k-$64k. I think we are in a hold-out phase where the dealers are holding out hoping that they'll actually sell but fact is they are not selling like they hoped but they are waiting..and waiting..and waiting..cause no one wants to take the loss. I predict eventually (sooner than later) the levy will break, they'll have to concede, and you'll see a large supply suddenly hit the market high $50k's. Mopar raising the price significantly for 16's provided a unique price wave that is allowing dealers to ride it out a bit longer. I do also think they will always have a strong market though. Don't kniw that you'll ever get one dirt cheap so to speak. That is yet to be determined though. Once there is a supply that are out of warranty it will be interesting to see what happens. Could you imagine owning one out of warranty and the supercharger goes out on it....don't want to be that guy.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. macden

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the info. And that is why I shelled out the extra bucks for the extended warranty. Lots of expensive parts on these babys