Service dept had Cat for 11hrs, nothing done...

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by SuperChallenger, Sep 20, 2015.

1. SuperChallenger

SuperChallenger Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was the very 1st into the service dept saturday morning for my schedualed 8am appointment for bad electronics that had been diagnosed the week prior. Called on wed told that the parts had arrived, and made the appointment. Total time on the service rack was to be only 1.5hrs.
    11hrs later , no word so I stop by and the car hasn't moved, no other cars in the service bays, ect except one that was being detailed, its now closing time.
    The Service clerk (no manager on site on saturdays it seems), is the very same one who checked me in at 8 am, said they didnt know why my car was in (??), but after 10 minutes finds paperwork from the diag the week prior. So sorry, everyone has gone home by now. My car and my appointment got bumped behind everyone else that came in Saturday and I was never told until I show up at closing wondering whats up. Now I have to go back (round trip is + 50 miles) for another appointment. This follows the previous appointment for diagnosis where techs scratched my center console, the drivers door sill and left unknown parts laying on the passenger side floor board which i gave back to them saturday morning....
    So, besides trying to locate another dealer for service, what can i do here? what are my steps in getting better service? can I contact dodge directly? I need some opinions on this matter as Im not certain how to handle it best... now Im concerned if I make too big of a stink over the day, gas, etc thats Ive lost and the damage done already to the car..related to any future service/maintenence work and that which needs to still be done? This is really the only dealer near me, I purchased the car from them and its not really close. TIA.
    Superchallenger

2. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I drive 100 miles one way visit my dealer ask Drifter45x he is my dodge tech guy

3. Drifter45x

Drifter45x Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks nycsrt. SUPERCHALLENGER what kind of electrical issue are you having

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Red Harley

Red Harley Silver Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member HCC National Secretary

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It would help if you told everyone where you are located. That would be a heads up to where you could get better service. So sorry to hear you have this problem.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i agree if there is a bad dealer at 50 miles, then you need to drive 100 if thats what it takes....lucky i have 3 dealers within 25 minutes.....only 1 i prefer...

dealerships in general are garbage.....i believe more bad ones than good....

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Drifter45x

Drifter45x Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sadly it depends on the dealer and the technician. I take pride in my work and also strive to make the customer happy. Sadly there's too many "mechanics" and not enough "technicians" I've been in this industry 15 years and gone from lube tech to service manager. I prefer to turn wrenches but will still go out of my way and take the time to interact with the customer

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. sledguy

sledguy SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would have thought that it would be the other way around. I have always believed that a technician is one that follows the manual and is schooled in auto repair. A mechanic is also schooled in auto repair, is able to utilize the shop manual but is also able to think outside of the box to solve problems that weren't covered in class or in the shop manual.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. Drew871105

Drew871105 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My Hellcat just got fixed up for a Throttle Body issue....Had to order in new Throttle Body. It has been at the dealer since Friday morning. I kept calling and even visited them on Saturday. They hate me for it, but pushing them enough shows that you won't take any BS and will also put pressure on them to finish work on your car. Also, too much bothering though, can cost you too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Confuzed2

Confuzed2 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So they had the car for 11 hours....they already knew how to fix it since it was previously diagnosed...would take 1.5 hours to fix it, AND THEY DIDN'T DO ANYTHING?!? Oh, I'd be pissed beyond belief. I'd chew some A** and never go back there.

10. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't agree,, we bought a car with a warranty,,, there is no reason your car should be left entire day untouched,, and should never be scratched,, sometimes you need to let them know not to try and f you over,, after they know that,, become friends with them,, bring donuts,, cheap and thoughtful.....remember don't let them confuse kindness with weakness

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. sledguy

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You must have never worked in a restaurant?

12. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What do mean

13. sledguy

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    guess what happens to the customer's food that let the cook know not to try and f him over

14. SRT HC

SRT HC BANNED

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    IMO, the best assurance is to purchase a warranty that provides a rental car for all warranty service. Them the dealership is more motivated to get your car back to you working properly

15. DodgeMan

DodgeMan Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    There's a handful of dealers around me.
    I'm going to try a new one for my next oil change.
    There's 1 or 2 I won't even consider visiting!