Service issues?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by caren, Aug 24, 2015.

1. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    On Saturday night, my Charger threw a P1524 code. Which according to other posts, means oil pressure is low. When we checked the oil that night, it was really low (like perhaps the dealership didn't put enough in when I had it changed as 1200 miles). So tsc went out yesterday and bought a couple of quarts. Once he put some in, the pressure seemed to rise, but the code is obviously still there. This morning the car didn't want to start on the first try, and I'm concerned it could be something more than just the oil (since the code says it could be a Powertrain issue as well) and the vehicle report email I received didn't indicate an oil problem at all, it indicated an issue with powertrain).

Anyway, I called my dealership this morning, and they told me it's a TWO WEEK wait until they can see me??? I told them that was unacceptable, and he said "Well you can bring it in and drop it off here for a few days and we might be able to look at it." I told him no, he needed to tell me exactly when they could look at it and I'd drop it off then, but that I wasn't leaving my car there for a few days unless I knew they were going to look at and/or fix the problem. He said he'd have to have his manager call me back.

So my question is this...am I being unreasonable to think they should see me ASAP? Should I not expect higher/faster service not only because I own a Hellcat, but because I don't know if/when the car could stop running all together and I could get stranded somewhere? How has your dealer treated any of you who have had similar issues? Do they make you wait weeks out to get problems fixed? (They've done the same thing with my speaker issues as well, which is understandable, but still annoying). Should I go to a different dealership even though this is where I bought the car? Or should I call SRT and report the problem?

2. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would call corporate or SRT and explain you are concerned the engine could be damaged if you continue to drive it but you can't walk for 2 weeks. Did they eliminate the part of the warranty where they supply you a vehicle if the repair takes over 1 day?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gts_2001

gts_2001 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Kind of sounds like your dealer doesn't place much value in your potential future business. I have been working with my dealership since 1985. It's my understanding that they triage between "elective" issues and "driveability" issues. Obviously elective stuff gets a lower priority. A oil leak or potential oil leak should (and at my dealership would) get top priority. Maybe it's time to contact customer care and to remind them that you always participate in customer satisfaction surveys. Are they a 5 Star dealership? If so, do they want to maintain that status. If not, do they wish to earn that status? Good luck and please keep us posted! :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe I am arrogent and selfish but for something that could be a catastrophic issue I would expect them to at least look at it immediately for basic evaluation. If not I would go to another dealer. Heck if I was in the shop for a uconnect upgrade or something benign, I would have no problem waiting while they checked out a fiat that had a powertrain code. Matter of prioritys, not money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    They're always willing to supply me with a loaner, but I don't want to just leave it there without a guarantee that they're going to actually look at it. I don't trust that they wouldn't leave it outside.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    caren Are you running a catch can? Also, what is the current mileage?

7. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    What's sad is that this is the third SRT we've purchased from the dealership. They know who we are, and that we've been loyal customers... I have filled out surveys in the past. I wonder if that's why they're being dicks now.

8. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Exactly! I would think if it's something that could, in the long run, cost FCA more money, they'd want to fix the problem sooner and not later.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I understand the issues of leaving it with them. From what you are saying, if I didn't have the knowledge to convince myself it was a minor issue, I'd have it hauled into the dealer or some dealer and not drive it at all.

10. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    No catch can. Current mileage is around 5500.

11. caren

caren Hell-o Kitty

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    It could very well be a minor issue (tsc seems to think it's not a big deal), but I would rather know for sure than assume. Know what I mean??

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What oil (weight and type) was put in at 1200 miles?

13. Catless

Catless Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yep understand completely.
    So it has been 4200 miles since the oil change? It could have easily burned 2 qts of oil.

14. solo7777

solo7777 SRT Terminator Hellcat Car Club Western Regional President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Maybe you should call the manager directly, and explain the situation firmly but not being mean or upset. I can't believe they can't schedule you in, usually it takes just maybe one extra day, but 2 weeks? That's crazy. Or maybe go to another dealer. Doesn't seem like loyalty gets you anywhere, but I'm sure if you spoke directly to him/her, you might get better results.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  15. 440 Superbee

440 Superbee Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I agree with others about calling SRT to see if they can carry any weight to get a more firm timeline when they can work on it. I'd probably call another dealer just to get a feel what they said too.

Finally, part of my gut feeling is they are trying to force you to go somewhere else because maybe they know this could tie up an SRT Tech longer than they prefer that will cost them money in their eyes. I think 2 weeks is unreasonable until they can trouble shoot your car.