Should have listened

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by 2mopars, May 23, 2015.

1. 2mopars

2mopars Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To answer a previous post of mine concerning first model year production concerns, I should have waited. Maybe its not the vehicles fault but perhaps lack of quality control. My car is headed back to dealer for radio issues, poor paint , poor leather fitment and the list goes on and on.
    Yes Im sure there are typo errors and grammatical errors in my post so no need to point them out for those of you who feel the need.
    Extended warrenty. ..no need. Wont have this car long enough

2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    When was your car built? Sorry to hear this but yes wait on buying extended warranty is a good tip.

3. Ponycarkilla

Ponycarkilla Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    And the flip side of not waiting is dealing with the unknown msrp markup coming down the pike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am really sorry to read about the problems you are having with your Cat, 2mopars, it sounds like you got more than your fair share of issues on one car. It goes without saying that none of those issues should have happened in the first place, but it is what happens when workers are rushed to produce cars at a greatly accelerated pace when there is a huge backlog. The Quality Control Inspectors are, in my opinion, the ones that bear the most blame ... especially for the issues that are visual, i.e., paint and leather. Good thing we have warranties! I hope that once these issues are addressed and repaired/replaced, that you fall in love with your Cat. And, worse case, if you are not happy with the car and do not keep it, there will be a very happy person that will gladly snap it up once you trade it in.

April

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. butterscotch71

butterscotch71 Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT 392
    I don't think most of this can be blamed on the first year run. I gave up on the hope of getting a hellcat this year and instead purchased an SRT. I too am very disappointed with the build quality and lack of quality control and this is essentially the same car that's been around for several years now. My 2009 Challenger was in much better condition WHEN I SOLD IT that this car. Truly disappointing especially when you spend this kind of money on a vehicle.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Viper

Viper SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I do not have one single complaint about my car, oops yes I do, I don't have one to look over, but it's early I have only been waiting since 9/9.
    Sorry to hear about the quality issues, you wait, and wait, and then just when you think you are in the clear, one more straw gets put on the camels back.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just a guess from what I've read, but it seems most people have paid an average of over $5k/MSRP. When you spend that much for something you want so badly I am sure many IGNORE the shortcomings/build quality issues.

Being a fellow nit picker I wish you all the luck Butterscotch. I detailed my 2005 CTS-V this AM and the paint is all like new. If I paid $62k+ for a new car and the paint was messed up I wouldn't be able to accept it either. A heart breaker when the HC otherwise is such a cool ride.

8. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    still smell antifreeze on mine...did again tonight........Dodge has a coolant leak issue as bad as its paint issue....they found 1 leak, but i still say i have more....hoping its not the heads

my paint is good, leather is good, radio is decent.......maybe i should get used to the sweet smell of antifreeze.....think of it like smelling flowers or working in a candy factory.

ill be making my appointment this week

Dodge needs to fire people over the paint.....its been horrible since at least 2011 when i bought my 1st challenger and started hearing the stories.....there is no excuse for some of the stuff i see.....could it be a union issue? cant get rid of the bad apples

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Burt Gummer

Burt Gummer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ok that is just being too anal --- just spray some Eternity under the hood and keep driving! :D

10. RoRo

RoRo VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Man all those issues ... damn
    this is just wrong

11. Jim M

Jim M SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    So far I haven't found a single thing on my Charger to gripe about.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  12. One Ton Racer

One Ton Racer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Leading edge is often the bleeding edge.
    I thought I had to have one this year so I'm taking the chance, even though I know better..
    If it has issues, it can spend the winter at the dealer getting them dealt with.

13. EverythingSRT

EverythingSRT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Mine has been good and no paint issues.but a lot more people are having more issues than they should be.but it's partly FCA fault that plant was supposed to get a new paint booth 2years ago but it was cancled.you would think they would have had that paint booth a #1 priority when they planed on launching 2 flagship cars like the hellcats to be built out of that plant:mad: not to mention all the srts minus the jeep and viper are built there!!! Not a good way to handle your performance division! On the other hand mine is mint.so I think they are doing the best they can with what they have to work with! image.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. Frehley6986

Frehley6986 Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The cars are painted by robots aren't they?

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. StellasHC

StellasHC Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Agree... its not an issue with Unions..SMH. and its not like there is some dude with a cigarette in his mouth and spray gun in his hand painting these things. Fully automated...