Shout out and review of my Sales Rep Robert Anderson

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Carnage, Mar 12, 2015.

1. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    On a hot summer day in 2014, I was browsing the Facebook and I found an article write up about the Dodge Hellcat Challenger with 707HP.

I began to search the Internet for articles and videos about this beast mode machine that looked like it came out of a futuristic movie cinema wondering if it was true or did it even exist.

I saw a few pre-production videos of the Hellcat and my goodness I could not believe the supercharger whine and howl as it was being test driven and reviewed.

I've always wanted a Dodge Challenger classic old school body style since I settled for the SuperBee on my last purchase.

I knew I had to get one.

I called Gillman Dodge Chrysler, they said the general manager wanted $20k ADM and I was like man please the Dodge Viper is only $5k more I may as well buy a Dodge Viper. The sales guy named Trey agreed too that it was ridiculous but rules are the rules.

I called Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler dealership in Katy, TX and asked for Keith Walker whom sold me a nice 2012 Dodge Charger SuperBee last I spoke with him and they said he already had passed away. Well that was a shocker to me. I felt awkwardly bad about the timing of the call but I wanted some more info on who could help me deposit on a Hellcat.

I then spoke over the phone to 3 different sales rep feeding me BS about the Hellcat color scheme, wanted $80K right off the bat and etc. They had no clue and kept being inconsistent about what they were telling me.

I got ticked off and fired off a nice email explaining "how poorly I was treated" to the VP of financials Kay Bennetsen at Allen Samuels Dodge Chrysler in Katy, TX who worked with Keith at the time when he was alive to get me financed for my yellow SuperBee back then.

Here's a screen shot partial of the original email.

image.jpg

My full email and I quote
    "Hi Mrs. Kay,

I used to get in touch with Keith Walker for my Super Bee but he appears to no longer be there.

I was wondering if there was someone else as nice and straight forward as he was to help me and my fiancé get her the new Hellcat challenger 2015 upgrade coming out soon.

I've dealt with Marco and he is just too many stories for me to handle. Someone else named Phitomosid? He gave me inaccurate pricing as did Marco.

Please let me know if possible thank you in advance."

Within an hour later I received an email back from Robert Anderson the sales rep I worked with to get my Hellcat now.

At first I was a bit apprehensive since I thought he was just another SALES GUY.

After a few sentences of introduction about my SuperBee, how I bought it from Keith, how Kay helped me get my financing done and how I wanted to trade it in for the Hellcat he was forthcoming with me.

He answered all my questions as best as he could and if he didn't know the answer he said he will call Chrysler to confirm and get back with me.

He told me I would be 3rd or 4th in line for a deposit since there were two guys who deposited before me already and one other guy still deciding.

Robert knew what to do and said talk to your fiancé and come to an agreement on what you want your options to be on the hellcat.

On 7/27/2014 I went in when Robert was not getting into work until Noon that day to deposit my $5k ADM markup on MSRP, the sales manager told me that I was very lucky to be 3rd in place because they were taking only 3 deposits for 3 allocations - he proceeded and wrote down an invoice note with the terms that if I did not get a Hellcat Challenger then I get my full $5k refund. We both signed it and I went to deposit my $5k in the finance area and left.

Took about a week but my fiancé and I finally agreed to the configuration for our new Hellcat.

It was to be Phantom Black, Navigation, Pirelli performance tires upgrade summer package, laguna leather sepia and automatic.

Over the next month and half right before order banks date opened we played around the idea of getting a Black Satin hood and brass monkey wheels but Rob mentioned he wasn't too sure those would be available right away as the time grew closer to the order banks. We decided to leave these two options out. Even the block heater was left out since it's always hot down here in Houston, TX.

When 9/9/2014 came around Rob and I kept in touch every day or two days prior to this and he made sure that the General Manager put my order in. I checked the day before, the day of a few times and the day after.

Rob reassured me that he made sure the GM put in the order. He checked the system and it was already inputted.

I followed up a week later around the same time I found hellcat.org and joined as a member and began to share info and help as much as I could. Also met Tammie , cereal killer , 4Nines , dasCat and many others here around the same time.

I found out my VIN was honored around 2 weeks after my VON was entered. Yes I'm one of the lucky few and dammit I worked so hard all my life I feel I deserved it.

Then I met hellcat1 magnummrk around this time and we all had our hellcat's built around near each other's date which later on we were held at Taylor Yard prison for 2 months or so.

All this was so new to me as I had never had a new car built ever and a bad ass, excuse my language, one at that.

Around 10/13/2014 I went in to do a credit check and see where we stood on financing, how to deposit and trade in appraisals.

At one point I thought I wouldn't be able to be financed despite working so hard to rebuild my credit score. I vented to Rob that I felt cornered if I couldn't get my deposit back that wasn't gonna cut it. He reassured me that he will talk to the loan writer and see what they can do. Rob was very patient with me despite me blowing a little steam.

Over the next few months I followed up and called SRT customer service every single day to the point where they all knew me by name and voice. I followed up with Rob at least once or twice a week. Tiffany knew me most :)

ResumeSpeed hopped on during this time to our site thank goodness and he started shooting out insider info which was so cool. He helped me and many others keep our sanity together while tracking our car build status and shipment progress.

A week before my Hellcat was suppose to arrive on 12/15/2014 a rapper from Houston, TX somehow found out my hellcat was coming in that Sunday or Monday and wanted to buy my car. Rob stopped him and said basically sorry you have to wait for your allocation, this one's already taken. The guy wanted everything my hellcat had. Basically I'm glad Rob told him to get in line like everyone else, no celebrity treatment here.

Come 12/15/2014 it arrived late Sunday night and was prepped by next morning, PDI tested and windows tinted and moparEVTS GPS system installed. Come Monday afternoon my fiancé and I came by to do the paperwork. Our Hellcat had staff members from the dealership all come into the showroom to take lots of pictures. It had 19 miles on it.

One or two customers who had a hellcat on order came in to take a look , touched the car, sat in it, kept feeling on it as we had appraisals done on my fiance's white challenger and my yellow SuperBee charger as well as the loan financing. Took like 4hrs to get it all done.

We finally finished and my sales rep and fiancé hopped into our new hellcat to test drive around the free way and then a few moments later while waiting for the red light to u-turn a dodge silver truck driven by a Texas State Representative skidded almost hitting me then a huge ford navy blue or black ford 2000 truck slammed him into my hellcat's rear end.

We checked everyone to make sure they're OK and Rob made the first 911 call. We exchanged insurance info with the parties involved and Rob stuck it out and stayed with us for 3.5hrs into the cold night. What sales guy gives up that many hours to stay with his customer to see it through an accident and gives up his car sales opportunities ? This is dedicated, true and best customer service in its own right.

Next morning took my car to the same dealership body shop and that's another whole ordeal. Let's just say Rob was the only helpful person in this 8 weeks of car repair BS. The body shop had a lot of internal drama and I don't wanna elaborate on the estimator, the paint guy and the manager who used to work there. I do want to mention though that Francisco did good work on my hellcat body and later on readjusted some minor flaws here and there. He's the only hellcat certified person there at the time. He's still there if you want him to work on your hellcat as of the time of this writing.

Robert Anderson you're one rare Daimond in the rough sales guy and as a person you're a good role model to others. You also have moral values and best of all honest integrity through the whole entire process. You never mislead me once and for that I am grateful. Who would've thought to put honest, integrity, moral values into the same paragraph with a sales guy?

You went the extra mile to make sure if I had any issues I needed you were diligent enough to walk over to the body shop and service shop to make sure the managers knew I was coming in and to do it correctly.

In my opinion you should get a promotion of some sort in the future.

Many thanks to you Robert Anderson.

Oh by the way did anyone fall asleep while reading this? If you did I don't blame you because it is a bit long.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  2. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nicely said! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Tammies!!

• Like Like x 1
  4. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pretty cool story... Two comments. I read this as the car was for your fiance's car. What happened. Seems like it's your ass running all over town from restaurant to restaurant in this thing ;)

Second, WTF with all those people sitting in your new Hellcat before it was delivered. Tell them to get their own damn car LOL.

Third (I know there was only two comments). You should smack that rapper right in the grill (isn't that what they call their front teeth) Then he can go get some new gold teeth. Just stay the hell away from your Hellcat!

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, whats up with the part about it going to your girl,lol,, And boy can you write some stuff,,

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Brett M

Brett M Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, very few dealers like this one. Good write up and man you have been through it all with this car...

• Like Like x 1
  7. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah gotta involve the lady or else she won't let me buy it LOL

8. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Brett it's beena long journey

• Like Like x 1
  9. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    1) dude I had to put the deposit before she found out, then I told her it was done and she got super angry !! But at least she got involved LOL
    2) lmao I was stuck doing papers couldn't run over and halt my process and babysit people haha
    3) LMFAO!!! I still wonder who it was

10. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Interpretation...
    1. She is holding his man card until he has lavished her with enough dinners in the HC to compensate.:D
    2. The dealer was in the back, making up a bunch of paperwork so they could sell more HC's by letting them fondle his while he was doing paperwork.
    3. It was Flava Flav and you don't even want to know what was in the back seat before HCDC got his car! :eek:

• Funny Funny x 3
  11. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Its what I do! That's my goal! Can't out post me if your head explodes!!! LMAO!;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    image.jpg

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Tammie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    that is one Hell of a story

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1