Showed my house for sale ended in a hellcat ride

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Ohiotj, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am moving with the family in the next couple months. I have our house for sale by owner and had someone come look at it with his family. We walked into the garage and out back and he never mention the car. After showing the house we were standing in the front yard talking and he mentioned he liked my mega cab Cummins. Then he said he likes the challengers too. I guess he didn't notice it was a hellcat and said " how about those hellcats? They seem like a crazy car." Then I told him that's what he walked pass and he couldn't believe it. My car is tri black and he said it looked too understated and didn't even notice the hood. So I took him and his son who was about 13 or so for a ride. I did one pull and told them to let me know when to stop accelerating. Well they never said stop and I had to slow down. Both were loving it. I pulled over and let the father drive home. He only got to punch it once and I know he didn't floor the pedal. Said he was too nervous even though I told him there is nothing he could do to the car that I haven't done. We got home and even the wife was excited about the car. We had a great time. Didn't sell the house though. Maybe next time.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    awesome, story. Not sure I could let a stranger drive my car but its probably safer in a strangers hands then mine because he would be more cautious lol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They may come back, nothing wrong with getting to know your buyers a bit. Makes for a better sales process.
    I am a full service Realtor but sorry not in your state or town otherwise I would swing you a huge "hellcat brother" discount.
    this time of year there are lots of relocations going on and people are on the move so keep that house on the market!:)

4. MaxxMuscle

MaxxMuscle Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That was very cool of u bro.Good luck with the sale.

5. Memphis

Memphis Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ahh great story. You deffinitely made there day.

6. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great story! You may have messed up the sale of the house... husband is figuring out how to buy a Hellcat and get a cheaper house...lol

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    To help close the deal, tell him for $100k more the house comes with a HC in the garage!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. MoparProud

MoparProud Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Make it a package deal, house and car, it's sold to that guy:D

But then you'd be without car so....yeah.

9. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Before we went for a ride the wife asked how I was able to get one. So even his wife knew what the car was. The guy told me he had considered buying one and the wife even encouraged it. But he said he is not big into spending money on himself. Either way it was all fun. The buyer knew a guy I used to work with and told me our mutual friend brought over a 6.1l challenger to drive a while ago. So it doesn't hurt I got to one up a friend doing this as well.
    It has always been my though that we need to share this amazing car with others when we can. Just a few years ago 700+ horse power was a crazy idea. Now it's available to a lot more people then just the super wealthy. I love to share this experience with others.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Love the fact you let your potential buyer drive!
    I'm also a realtor. This car is my company car and is used for buyer showings. I don't think I would be comfortable letting them drive however!
    Good luck with your sale and move. Don't forget, the power of the hellcat will help sell your home.:cool:

11. Hb hellcat

Hb hellcat Black Betty...BamAlam!!!

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Btw: GO BUCKEYES.
    I might be in so cal now, but cut me and I bleed scarlet and gray!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ohiotj

Ohiotj Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Go bucks! They are the only sports team I watch and know it won't always end with me crying.
    I sold cars for a living prior to becoming a stay at home dad. I have been on test drives with 16 year old girls and 85 year old man and everything in between. Not much can scare in terms of test drives. Once had an elderly man hook a right into the desert because he wanted to test out the off road ability of a jeep. This was off a busy busy busy road and when I say hook I mean 90* turn into big rocks and boulders.

• Funny Funny x 2