Sifting through the BS

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by BlackbirdWS6, Sep 25, 2015.

1. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Been a member for a while and looking for some assistance for those smarter than me regarding the HC ordering process. I know some will say search for one on the lot and I can appreciate that advice but my questions are related to ordering.

Some brief background. I ordered a MY15 from a local dealer who said they should have gotten an allocation. As you can assume, they never got the allocation for a MY15 Charger HC. I attempted to re-order like many folks in August which later disappeared and could not be re-entered. Current dealer is telling me they should get the Charger allocation in October. I've since reached out to another dealer and while he is very good on the phone, doesn't know when he will have a Charger allocation but did sell many many HC's last year.

So here are my questions.

- Is the 1st dealer I've been working with blowing smoke regarding the expected October allocation or could he actually have correct info?

- If my 1st dealer knows when he will get the allocation, why wouldn't the 2nd know their schedule?

The sad story here is my wife has actually been the one pushing for me to get the car. She fell ill in February and this was going to be our little present for ourselves for getting through a tough time. The money is there, just looking for the car. If anyone happens to know of a good dealer with an allocation in the Northeast (NY, NJ, PA) area, I'm all ears. Both of the dealers I'm working with are at MSRP. Doesn't mean much if they can't deliver the car but that is why I've been taking time to go through the process.

2. CNYHC

CNYHC SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry to hear about your wife. I wish I could help you with your other questions, but I can't.

3. rollieman

rollieman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

"Is the 1st dealer I've been working with blowing smoke regarding the expected October allocation or could he actually have correct info"? ------------ MAYBE ???

I'm in the same boat as you regarding this allocation business. At this time I have pre-order deposits with two dealers both promising as soon as they receive their expected allocation they will enter my order. One of the dealers has told me that will occur before the end of the year, the other told me their allocation will arrive in October which is identical to what your "1st" dealer told you. So now we have two dealers claiming they will receive October allocations which is encouraging !!!

4. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you. She is doing much better. MS is one bastard of a disease. Money/fast cars can't buy happiness but at least we would arrive in style.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  5. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    That's promising. Hopefully we both get some good news come October.

6. bolivarshagnasty

bolivarshagnasty Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    To my knowledge, there is no way the general public can predict/find out who gets what allocation. I would use this forum to find members who have
    info on such. Many members will report here when the Dealership they used has an unspoken for allocation or a car that someone has backed out on.
    Ask the Dealer you are working with to share the info. they received about their allocation. Something from FCA stating that they are getting an allocation.
    I PM'd a forum member who had just received his HC back in Feb. and asked him about his Dealership. Ended up getting a car from there in May.
    Good luck to you.

• Like Like x 2
  7. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Blackbird, like some of the others have said, I am sorry to read about your wife, and very glad to learn that she has improved. That is the most important thing! Secondly, I understand the frustration you are feeling, and wish I had ironclad information to tell you. Unfortunately, it seems to be another Soup Sandwich Guessing Game this year. I wish you the best of luck in your search!

April

• Like Like x 1
  8. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I appreciate the feedback. I tend to me more of a lurker of the forum but am on it at least once a day. I don't have a car yet so not much to post about but it's nice to see many folks enjoying their cars. Hopefully I will have a good story to tell soon enough.

Thanks April! Good health should never be taken for granted. My wife is a tough cookie and always has been. We get through these things together and it helps she is incredibly supportive of my hobby (addition is a more realistic description). I have a fun toy in the garage with a good deal of power (Procharged TA - ~800rwhp) but I have the big itch to add the HC to the stable.

• Like Like x 2
  9. currybob

currybob Bob

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I too hope she does well and modern medicine is improving daily. Keep her happy and upbeat!! That is very good medicine.

Now, the dealers were told what their total allocations would be for the whole year and also what they will get for the 1st 6 months (Aug to Feb). They will not know till about the 10th of the month (for most dealers) if they get any allocation for that month. If they do, they have to order it quickly.

If a salesman tells you they don't know what they are getting for the first 6 months, he either doesn't know (his manager will) or is not truthful.

Hope this helps, I had to order my car from a dealer over 400 miles away to find one with early allocations.

What are you looking for?

• Like Like x 1
  10. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dealers know their total number of hellcat allocations for the first half of the year. BUT they only find out around the beginning of each month, if they will get any allocations in that month, AND they don't know until then, if their allocation(s), if any, are for a Challenger HC, a Charger HC, Automatic or Manual.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Hmm so it does sound like both dealers could be truthful here which is promising. Although the first one telling me they will get the Charger allocation in Oct may be BS to keep me from bugging them.

I am looking for an Ivory white Charger, BM wheels, Sepia interior and sunroof. I don't mind a little bit of a ride to get what I want. Glad you were successful in finding yours.

Thanks for the info. This sounds consistent with what the 2nd salesmen mentioned.

12. currybob

currybob Bob

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would keep plugging away at it. Sounds like you will have to order to get what you want. Remember Charger Hellcats seem to be about 25% of the total number they will build. What they did last year anyway, not sure they will still do 3 Challengers for every 1 Charger this year or not. Makes it harder to find an allocation.

Good hunting and take care of you Wife!

13. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks Bob! We will see how the next month or so goes. I'm sure I could start banging the phones for a few hours and maybe get a hit but I do have a threshold level for being jerked around lol.

14. BlackbirdWS6

BlackbirdWS6 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well looks like my current dealer and another have struck out this month on allocations. The first said they will not receive an allocation for a Charger at all at this point which is totally different than what was conveyed earlier in September. I spoke with the GM and he is going to speak with the sales rep. I doubt anything will happen but who knows.

The other dealer I'm speaking with also didn't get a Charger allocation this month but still doesn't know if they will get any in the next or future periods before February.

I shot out a bunch of emails to a number of other dealers to see what they have. We will see what happens. Sucks but oh well.

15. rwhite692

rwhite692 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    As far as reaching out to dealers to discuss allocations, phone contact trumps emails, every time.

When you call a dealer, their confidence in you being a serious potential buyer, is 100X that of just receiving an email.