Sirius Radio Issues

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by CERNJOH, Mar 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. CERNJOH

CERNJOH Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone having issues with their Sirius radio not working? When I picked up my Hellcat I received all Sirius channels, but then they all just turned off except for channel 1. When I look at the settings for Sirius it indicates that it is fully subscribed to all features, however when I try to tune to a station it says that it is not subscribed. I tried a radio reset in the system settings but it achieved nothing. I called Sirius and they supposedly sent a signal to initialize it but it failed. Everything else on the radio works and I receive Sirius channel 1 fine. I also had one and only one time when the performance pages would not load. Doubt that the two are related, but one never knows.

2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hmmm ... I am no help. I hope you get assistance from Sirius and the dealership on this one. Good Luck, I hope they get it figured out quickly. Please let us know what the final solution turns out to be.

April

3. 209srt8s

209srt8s Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Had similar problem with mine. Couple hours after delivery, presets reverted to originals set at the dealer, could not change channels most of the time, them maybe every once in a while could, occasionally could get a preset to "take" then was gone next time I got in the car...typical electronic malfunctions...no rhyme or reason.
    Bottom line...radio had to be replaced. Got the car in Nov. radio was ordered, dely was always 15 days or so out. Finally got tired of the BS in Feb. called SRT, first representative was useless went thru SOS again, after 2 quoted dates were missed contacted another representative at SRT and things started happening...finally.

As it was explained to me, the standard procedure through warranty (even on a brand new vehicle) is that you get a re-manufactured radio and currently there is a nationwide shortage of a particular component... thus the delay. SRT was able to get me a new radio which was good. Left the dealership...radio worked great...dealership said u- connect was taken care of...all I needed to do is pair the phone...WRONG...get an e-mail a few days later to call u-connect and after 2 hours and 3 representatives we got the radio configured to the car and vin. The good news...all is finally well as of last week and I do love these HC's.

I hope it goes better for you...if you have trouble PM me and I will give you the SRT representative that finally got things going for me.

• Useful Useful x 2
  4. JT's shaker

JT's shaker Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I would try calling Sirius and have them reset the radio. I have had to do that in the past, as the radio won't play anything but the preview channel.

5. CERNJOH

CERNJOH Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I called Sirius and they tried to troubleshoot though the guy on the phone was not their star performer. I should call them again and see if I have better luck with another person.