Site Assistance Please!

Discussion in 'New Member Introduction' started by Robo21, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Admins, Mods, or well informed members,

I am relatively new to the forum and have set my preferences to notify me by email whenever a thread I am watching or have created gets a post. But the problem is I am not being notified. This morning I tried changing my email address to see if that helps and I received the two email messages that are sent out when an email address is changed. So sometimes I am being emailed by the forum and sometimes not... Any suggestions, I like to stay on top of discussions I am involved with.

2. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Hi Robo,

As a moderator I am not going to be much help to you in setting preferences, because it both sounds like you have already done the things that I know to do, and I do not have access to your personal account settings. I am tagging cereal killer and WERA689 ... when they see this post they will contact you, probably via PM, and see what can be done to help you out.

April

• Like Like x 2
  3. Test Pilot

Test Pilot Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is a test.

4. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks April and no email for either of the 2 replies posted in this thread. This is driving me nuts. (short trip anyway)

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    fine tune your settings from a big screen if you can.

6. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

Test Sat.

April

7. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Blaze my main PC is an Alienware Aurora R4 with a 30" Dell Monitor. I don't know what else to do.

Are you guys getting email notifications? Thanks for your help.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Test Pilot

Test Pilot Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Test #2

9. Test Pilot

Test Pilot Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Test #3

10. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    nice rig :cool: did you get it fixed?

11. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No, still no email notifications. It is not a problem with my system or browser, I am getting notifications from the Corvette Forum with no trouble.

12. PlumbCrazy

PlumbCrazy Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Are they perhaps going to your spam or junk email folder? Some do some don't with me.

13. MattG

MattG Gold Member Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    things to ask or point out.
    Do you have more than one device to check on the site emails? I have an IPhone that gives me site notices and a Lenovo laptop that also does this.
    I have my email setup to leave the message on the server which has my email account. So when i delete it from my phone, i also must delete it from my laptop. In essence i get the same email notice on both devices.

Sounds confusing, but if your email account does not do this, it pushes the email notice out and does not keep it.
    That wording leads me to this: If yours is set to push the message then it does not keep it there, so you miss it if you
    use one of your devices to read the site email and the Alienware pc does not get it. The first device gets the message and not the second one.
    One suggestion is to look at your email settings to adjust how often it goes out to send/receive mail. maybe you need to make it more often say like every 3-5 minutes instead of 30 minutes. and look to see if you have a setting on what to do with the messages. ( leave it on the server or push it to you)
    Just a guess on that one.
    My third device is an IPad 2, which i have the retrieve mail turned off so i do not have to delete from 3 devices.
    Does not sound like it is a site issue but an email setting.

If you have received at least one email. be sure it is not set to treat this as a junk email or a blocked sender.

Sorry for the long post.
    Matt

• Like Like x 2
  14. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi Matt,

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. First, the same thought occurred to me - I should have more than one device look for emails from hellcat.org so that's why I changed my email address to one that BOTH my Android Galaxy Note 5 and my desktop PC would check. The email client on the desktop is Outlook 2007. And yes, I checked the ATT Web mail just to be sure that it wasn't an Outlook issue. Changing the email address to one that is checked by my phone also rules out an Outlook or PC issue.

Neither device is receiving emails from the forums here. I too get emails to this email address on both devices and neither device is set to delete emails from the server automatically. I must delete the emails or they will stay on the AT&T Web mail server. I have always had my Outlook set to check email every 5 minutes for my business. I am self employed and depend on my email to receive orders from some of my customers.

Here is the interesting thing: I was receiving email notifications of thread activity for subscribed threads up until 3/30/16 but nothing thereafter!

I have done nothing to change my email settings on my PC since 3/30 and yet since 3/30 I have not received a single thread activity notification BUT I have received notifications of changed password, etc. This is baffling since I was receiving subscriptions then stopped receiving subscriptions.

Thanks again,
    Robin

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Testing to see if Test Pilot gets notification of this post on gmail address. This is a watched thread with email notification for test pilot