SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Sloppy 4-5 shifts

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  bighit2883 
#1 ·
This is an A8 of course (haha).

Anybody experience this? My A8 shifts really sloppy into 5th gear, but all others are great. It's quite a bit better in sport shifting mode and in drive, but all other times it's annoyingly bad. I very rarely run it in track mode, so I'm not sure how that affects it.

I'm wondering if what I'm feeling might be converter lockup? Anybody know if that's the point the A8 locks the converter clutch?

Also, I've not yet had the transmission s/w update loaded. I'm not sure what that update is supposed to address. Any help understanding that would be appreciated, too.

#3 ·
Early cars has 1 or 2 re flash's done, never hurts to take it in and get it checked.
TC

#4 ·
I'll do that. Oil is due soon anyway. Will probably need to rent a car for a couple weeks for the oil change anyway. ;)

#5 ·
Is this the part where I'm supposed to jump in as a M6 guy and tell all you silly A8 drivers how superior my vehicle is and then argue to the death over defending my comment?

Completely kidding - just noticed some weird in fighting trend on a lot of these threads.

Can't speak to you question OP, but it doesn't sound quite right.

Hope to meet some of ya'll at the track this spring or at least read about some kick @zz times.

Keep setting that high bar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.