So a dealer that is selling @ MSRP gets banned on this forum?????

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Jacob B., Sep 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacob B.

Jacob B. Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So y'all BANNED drumtex because of what happened???? SERIOUSLY??????

Is this what it's come to on this forum. A GREAT DEALER, selling cars at MSRP gets banned??????????? REALLY?

I don't know the details on Mike's issue with them. All I can say is they told me they would sell the car at sticker and they did.

This dealer had multiple allocations @ MSRP and Y'ALL BAN HIM????????

2. Jacob B.

Jacob B. Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm just in shock a NO BS dealer selling all cars at MSRP get's banned for this!

Hope I don't get banned for starting this thread. God forbid someone get's upset I WILLINGLY PAID $5,000 over sticker to get a car.

I know Mike wanted that car, well as you stated earlier you have had many chances to buy a car if you were willing to bend over. WELL GUESS WHAT! I bent over and bought another car today for $5,000 over sticker. IF YOU WANT ONE THAT BAD then pay for it!!! Don't get on the boards and ***** about it! You just got a dealer BANNED that was willing to sell members cars at MSRP! Good job bro! Hope your happy!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. BgAL

BgAL Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    In my experience, Travis was as honest as they come - sorry to hear about this. Probably had to do with who is or is not authorized to sell goods on the forum. Others dealers circumvent this by creating posts like "my contact says", or "I heard a dealer in ... may have an allocation, pm me ...". I think the fact he was straight forward might have run him afoul of forums rules. But that is just a guess.

4. fastguy

fastguy BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You're kidding me, all this banning going on is un American, reminds me of the original challenger forum back in 2007-2008 it's long gone now due to the same stuff

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. MrBigKid

MrBigKid BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    With all the hype about finding these cars I would think the site would go out of its way to help members get there cars.
    They should make dealers posts with msrp cats free...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  6. White Trash

White Trash BMF Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member HCC National Vice Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Paying over MSRP is what it takes to get a HC.
    The very very small few that CLAIM they don't on this forum are like the guys fishing saying he caught a 400 Gouper but let it go.
    I myself did pay MSRP ordered a HC in 2014. But hell I spent 4 months from March 2014 till order date finding a Dealer to get the dam HC. Plus I own 3 SRT's already. I knew the Viper guys were in the loop so I partnered up with that dealer. It was in my playbook to go that route.
    Its kinda like this to sum it up. Your favorite team gets to the superbowl at their home stadium and only season ticket holders get to go to the game.
    But the day of the game you want a ticket on the 50 yard line!! At Face Value!!
    Not Sure WTF happen with Travis? He should have sold a unit he had for sale if he offered it? Now if the forum member Money was Funny? Meaning he wasnt ready to play ball asap on the spot kinda can't blame Travis? Bottomline is when its time to pull the trigger be ready. I think this late in the game waiting around for MSRP is like hoping for Publisher Clearing House to knock at your door.

WT

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dealers are not allowed to post vehicles for sale unless they are a supporting vendor. Some get through others don't. In the past every dealer I've found had the opportunity to sign up as a supporting vendor not one even responded. Now they just get deleted and banned. Being a supporting vendor is pretty inexpensive.

These are the rules. Doesn't matter what you are selling. It's pretty clear up front if one bothers to read the rules when signing up.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. DGatzby

DGatzby Gold Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member Midwest Regional Pres.

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I paid MSRP. I will even pound the truth home and tell you I purchased it from a small dealer, and in a legit way, from fine people, who did not ask if I wanted to buy any extras. It was ordered the first day they allowed us to do it in Sep 2014, it was delivered on March 13, 2015 to of all places little Pella, IA. I have kept all groupers and large muskies I have caught in my lifetime. Small walleyes and all bass will get thrown back. I will tell you I have thrown back large bass, they taste like shiiiit compared with the other fish we keep up here. You know what, I will be visiting that very dealer again, after my SRT experience, he may be selling me a new T/A. Bet those don't have games played to get them.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Jared SRT Cat

Jared SRT Cat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Got mine at msrp and i didnt even order one.. Decided i wanted one, shopped for a week and got one.. Lots of dealers are willing to sell at msrp

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Zebug

Zebug Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I actually have to defend management on this one. It'd be a slippery slope if dealers were allowed to post. Now regular members posting the same thing is a legit way to get the message out.... Just my two cents

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just to be clear for everyone here. No issue with members posting leads (even on behalf of dealers). Dealers are welcome to post as well as long as they become a supporting vendor and follow all other vendor rules.

Think about it for a minute. You have a place like JLT (using this as an example) selling catch cans. The catch can costs $119 shipped. No idea how much they make in profit per can but it's probably a lot less than we think..... Now you have some sales person. Signs up as a user. Posts with one post (right there that is a viloation of sales rules). Even at MSRP they are making 5K+. How is that fair to other vendors?

We all want to see everyone that wants a Hellcat get one BUT the vendors (dealers included) need to abide by the site rules. Nothing more, nothing less.

I banned this particular dealer and deleted the associated posts. You say he has a multiple allocations? Hellcat.org is a perfect place for them to advertise! Have him/her contact one of the admin folks and we will help get them setup as a vendor. It's a steal and those cars will be sold quickly with little effort. How do you beat that!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. MikeD1

MikeD1 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lots of folks have purchased cars @ MSRP, so you don't have to bend over to get one. If you want to play that game & buy into the hype, be my guest but don't get on here & tell me I have to follow suite. Seems to me many here who did pay ADM seem to want others to get gouged as well. I was not the only one that complained here about the way I was treated when I tried to get the car you bought @ MSRP & regardless of how good a deal it was, he was not following the Forum rules and got banned. I certainly don't have the power to ban anyone and neither did I make any sort of direct complaint to the Forum Mgt, just my posts & the posts of others that felt "cheated".

Lastly, I really don't understand why those who have cars continually troll the "lead posts" & make comments about those of us looking needing to do this or that to get one - fly/drive, pay ADM, make it a quest/hobby bla, bla, bla - thank you Capt. Obvious. Do you think we don't know about all that already ? Do you think it's helpful in any way? Do you not think we'd have already done that if we were able to or willing ? And as for being ready, when I called him the car was still unsold (his words !) - I was 150% ready to do the deal that second, my cash is in the bank (and has been all along), I stated it would be a cash sale, I had someone lined up to put eyes on the car that day & knew who I have do the transport. Don't see how you can be more ready than that & yet I was told he wouldn't sell to me because I'm from FL. Others here apparently called/texted within hours of seeing the post & were told the same, so timing had zero to do with it.

So, I don't feel the least bit sorry or responsible for him getting banned, he did it to himself. And I will continue to call out sleazy dealers who deceive or gouge customers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. SRT_HC_707

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nobody complained or ratted this guy out. I happen to see the posting. It didn't follow the rules so I deleted it and banned the guy. Like I said, I used to spend time trying to work with sales guys that posted offering to walk them through the vendor signup process. Not once did any of them even respond. Now I just don't waste the time... They can still reach out and get signed up. They can be unbanned just as fast as they can be banned.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  14. Augdog1964

Augdog1964 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I paid MSRP, walked in off the street, ordered, did have to change my order mid stream due to the black hood stop, and had my car in 3.5 months as I recall. Sublime M6.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. BgAL

BgAL Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I am paying MSRP for a yet to be built B5, my dad paid MSRP for his pitch, my brother paid MSRP for his phantom and both are A8s and both got $1k off through USAA. I guess the point is that MSRP can be had but requires either a great dealer connection, some effort, or a bit of luck. Travis was only trying to provide all of that BUT rules are rules.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.