So Called "Friend" Linked Negative Hellcat Review

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Robo21, May 4, 2016.

1. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anybody ever have "a friend" put down the Hellcat?

2. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    All the time who cares? Many without even sitting in mine or any others. Too each their own imo...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah, I get it. But what's with the intent? Of course I know better. I guess it speaks more about his jealousy than the car. He had search hard to find a negative review.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. blaze

blaze ☆★✪ The Watcher ✪★☆ Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    heh.. i felt pretty betrayed when i realized my "friend" was talking smack about the cat behind my back and telling everyone he thought it was slow when i took him for a ride a few days after i got it.. slow? really? i said if you want me to scare you i can dude.. hes like "yeah whatever" the GTR is better.. im like uhhh mmmmk killer. later. "jealous friends" he can go buy his beloved GTR, i will take my cat any day. i have been driving the crap out of the viper.. still prefer the cat.. o_O

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Ironside

Ironside Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Jealousy is a stinky cologne.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This douche drives a Veloster, which isn't even the point. What was he doing, trying to make me feel like I made a $77K mistake?

He sent me a link to what he called a "funny" Hellcat review (Challenger but applies to Chargers as well). Turns out that he used the word "funny" to bait me into reading the review which turned out to be pretty much a put-down of the traction, handling, interior, braking, etc. of the 2015 Hellcats.

Bottom line is that I have concluded that my so called friend is just another jealous jerkoff. He must have spent hours scouring the Internet to find so much concentrated negativity directed toward the Hellcat. The review basically concluded that the horsepower is just a waste because you can't put it to the ground anyway and most of the power will go up in smoke in the form of wheel spin.

The article called the handling unwieldy and unhinged and claimed that the car can't be tracked comfortably because of lousy handling. Also rated the interior as substandard, and believe it or not rated the braking at 6/10! Any car that weighs in at 4,400# and can stop in 104 feet from 60 MPH can hardly be said to have poor braking. I got about halfway through the review before I stopped reading and sent a scathing reply to the dick.

Fortunately, I only have to walk over to the Hellcat take one look inside and out to realize what a great ride it is. Every time I get behind the wheel I revel in the quality of this incredible car. My last ride was a C6 Z06 which I tracked heavily at Willow Springs. I know what a great car the cat is. No amount of criticism will change that. It's just sad when a "friend" of over 3 decades turns out to be so shallow.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  7. BODUKE

BODUKE Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Time for new friends.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Bingo!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. 1BDHCAT

1BDHCAT Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He is a lame-O!!!
    GTR? HA!!
    Everyone I have taken for a ride can't say enough about how fast and responsive it is. You have to be careful while putting it down but I have the hang of mine and I get traction no problem!! Very rarely will I break them loose.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    People gonna hate. It's the hottest car in this range so to be expected.

But who cares anyways what anyone thinks. I didn't buy this car to go around taking a survey of what people think of it. I got it because I love the Challenger styling and it's got a blower on it so it sounds freaking amazing.

Sure it would be nice if it was lighter but it ain't. Doesn't make me wanna go buy a mustang because of the lower weight. Lol they should have put that in the survey they sent me as one of the factors that made me consider other brands (weight). That would have given me a chuckle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Exactly what I told the idiot in my scathing reply. The author of the review complaining about traction clearly lacked the skill to control the throttle. Of course you don't just mash the go pedal and hope for the best! Naturally the Hellcat requires finesse and skill to handle. But master the beast and it will reward you with gobs of acceleration, braking and handling too.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Heavy Metal

Heavy Metal Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    Are you sure your friend isn't a woman and my ex girlfriend? Lol :p

• Funny Funny x 6
  13. TallCool1

TallCool1 Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Nat'l Hellcat Tech Advisor HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Friendship isn't tit of tat. 30 years is there no value after looking beyond the email and your car choice? What about your post above, what does your reaction look like? Are you sure what intent was, could it be a joke, and are you tossing out something that took 3 decades to cultivate for what?

Seems 2 sided and you guys need to have a beer. And in front of that both do soul searching and get in front of mirrors. If the friendship important to either of you.

(No offense intended after loosing people close to me I've often discovered personal development and my own pieces of something like this happening. I'd smash my Hellcat to pieces to save my relationships with those who matter most to me, if that's what it would take.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is why I'd take a Viper over a GTR. I'll leave the video games to my PlayStation.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Robo21

Robo21 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Believe me I hear what you are saying, there are so many other symptoms I won't mention here because they aren't relevant. But there are many this wasn't even the worst, In the past, I have overlooked so many of these transgressions of friendship. So many slights and insults that it's just not worth the effort. If this were the only issue you bet I could overlook it. As far as the email in response, I basically countered the author's allegations with facts and my experience. I didn't attack him personally. For example, how can you say the Hellcat's braking sucks when it will stop from 60 to 0 in 104 feet. Or that the handling is "unhinged and unwieldy." Or that it "plows into turns with vicious understeer?" In response, I simply challenged the review where it was incorrect based on my personal experience.

I have quite a bit of seat time in a heavily modified '03 Cobra Mustang and a C6 Z06 at Willow Springs. I think I am qualified to counter the author's allegations based on my past driving experience.

Thanks for being the voice of moderation,

Last edited: May 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1