So it looks like I can't change my order even though it's at BX status...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by FINALLYSATISFIED, Jun 4, 2015.

1. FINALLYSATISFIED

FINALLYSATISFIED Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Well my current order I have at an out of state dealership is saying they can't change the exterior color from which the dealer ordered on 5/29/15. They originally ordered a B5 Blue Challenger with the following options: Black interior, Red Seat belts, NAV, BM wheels with Summer tires. I'm trying to change it to Torred with black/ruby red interior, red seat belts, NAV, black wheels with all season tires.

I spoke with the GM today and he feels "uncomfortable" about the situation that I've been seeking ways on my own to try and get the color changed. (I've called SRT which they told me if it has a VIN nothing can be changed), and I've actually emailed Mr. Tim Kuniski to see if that would even work. I don't expect to respond back but it was worth a shot.

The dealership did say however they attempted to change the interior, and wheels but they would not print me out a new POC which I've asked for about four times now. Maybe it's not meant to be. After all, I have a buy-back going on right now for one of my other Dodge vehicles.

I've owned a 2006 Chrysler 300 Touring, 2005 Dodge Neon SRT-4, 2006 Jeep SRT-8, 2009 Dodge Challenger R/T, 2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8, 2010 Dodge Charger SE and a 2012 Dodge Charger R/T. And I currently own a 2012 Chrysler 300 SRT-8, and a 2013 Dodge Charger SXT (buy back). I drive a 2002 Corvette Z06 every now and then for fun. I'm loyal to the brand, but maybe with the buy back being extremely stressful and now this, it may just be time to hang it up.

Finding one at MSRP was a hassle in itself. But then the dealership agreed to give me what I wanted for my trade. Seeing other members able to change orders and having the system reflect the change within 24hrs tells me it can be done. They already have someone behind me that's willing to buy the B5 but since I put a deposit down its mine for the time being.

I may just have to back out since nothing at the moment seems to be going in my favor.

2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    B5 is the bestest color so go for it

3. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They can't even tell me if the interior was changed to what I had wanted and the wheels.

4. pinetreecat

pinetreecat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Until it goes d1 u can change your order

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know. But the dealership has claimed they have tried which I honestly don't believe because I've asked for the PCO to be printed out and that's too much of a hassle apparently. I asked the first day and they were adamant that you couldn't. So I researched on the forum and found out you could. Fast forward to today, the GM said he's waiting on a call back from the FCA Rep so he'll get back with me in 24hrs. I have hopes but if he says no, I'll have to back out. I personally want the experience of having my name on that window sticker...

6. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If the GM seems credible, see what happens when he speaks with the FCA rep. One would think that they would want to make you happy if they can. A current POC shouldn't be an issue. I wonder if a local Dodge dealer could access your POC as you may be a future service customer for them. Worth a try and a good way to have a second source of info. Good Luck.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I called a local dealer and they said they can only pull up California orders. I'll have to wait it out until tomorrow.

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Harley88

Harley88 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You state the dealership ordered the color.
    Was that done against your wishes?

9. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The Hellcat is a dealers order. No one called them within the 24-48hrs last week for that special allocation some dealers were getting so they put in 2 orders with options they wanted.

After I told them I'm interested and that the options/color could be changed to what I wanted they said it wasn't possible. And since its been a back and forth thing basically me telling them it can be done and these are the avenues you need to take in order to successfully change them. I've explain to them about th status code of D1, etc.

10. One Ton Racer

One Ton Racer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    My guess. Dealer between a rock & a hard place.
    Maybe because the special allocation were supposed to be sold orders.
    The dealer cheated and would get caught for sure with multiple changes on a sold order. Especially right away.
    I can see your other contacts causing him grief & possible FCA will cancel it altogether for him not playing by the rules.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sold orders to only customers? Can anyone confirm this? If this is the case that the special allocations last week HAD to be order by a customer then that would explain everything. Probably also the reason they wouldn't re-print the POC for me. If they supposedly had attempted to change the order, it should reflect in 24-48hrs is what I'm assuming in the system. And since they are just fluffing me, the order is probably still the original order with no changes.

The GM felt "uncomfortable", which was odd to me. He kept saying it, and also mentioned he has to call to FCA to get this all sorted out. I guess we shall see. I won't believe anything they say, they have nothing to lose. Meanwhile I'll lose out because they have another buyer anyway.

12. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Considering this is want not a need I probably wouldn't wait a year. In a years time, alot could happen. I wanted this to happen sooner than later if I found one. I'm going down to 2 vehicles since my 3rd one is going through a buyback. That leaves the Corvette being driven as a D/D which wasn't a thought of. It has 63xxx miles on her and I bought it to keep low mileage I can't do that now. So the Hellcat was essentially going to take the place of the Charger that's being bought back.

I give it to you for waiting a year. For me, and what I've already gone through my patience has started to wear thin with Dodge. My 300 SRT8 will probably be my last Dodge/Chrysler vehicle unless something happens regarding this order to where it gets changed. If a Torred just happen to fall out the sky that would be awesome too. I'm trying to remain optimistic though.

13. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I think 5/28/2015 was a day that a lot of "sold" orders went in... Not for customers... But for dealers.

I'd expect to see a lot of M6s sitting on dealership lots in July-August.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FINALLYSATISFIED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Never in my life have I dealt with this. Wow. I can't believe what just happened.

I will say this, DO NOT do business with Community Chyrsler/Jeep/Dodge in Martinsville, IN.

I was refunded back my $2000 desposit from them this morning. The GM John Anderson said he's refusing my business due to me having a buyback for my Dodge Charger which has NOTHING to do with me purchasing another vehicle. I was just telling him how much crap I've dealt with this past few months and wanted to just make sure I could change the color and finally be happy in our previous conversations and the fact I had to get some lemon lawyer assistance. Then he goes around and spins it on me and claims my lemon law lawyer contacted his District Manager which is untrue because my lemon law lawyer didn't and doesn't even know that I'm purchasing a Hellcat. I just don't understand how a business can stoop that low to lie to me.

He will not answer my calls and the salesmen Jim Hamilton said he was told by his GM not to contact me and stay out of it. I seriously can not believe this. I'm at a loss for words. I've been nothing but polite, respectful this whole time. Excited to finally have a Hellcat.

I'm definitely filing a report against them. All of this because I wanted to purchase a car and get the exterior color change....

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
  15. hellcat16

hellcat16 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow! That's pretty low of dealership to treat a customer that way. I would definitely report them to dodge for that. Hope you find a car man , keep us psted.