So... my salesman no longer works at my local Dodge Dealer...

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat General Discussions' started by Tazman, Jul 20, 2015.

1. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I e-mailed my salesman last week an got no response. I called today, only to find out that he no longer works at the dealership that I have my Hellcat order with. I really hadn't dealt with anyone else, and was paranoid that my order would get bumped or something. So, I packed up my paperwork and drove down there, went immediately to the sales manager's office.

I got semi-good news... they had a 9/9/14 order go to D (which they didn't even know until he checked on my order... and he checked last week). They had some cancellations too... So, while I'm still in BX... I'm next in line. There is only one order after me that is from January.

The question will be, if they get another allocation or not. Apparently, they took it in the ass by accepting 60 mini-vans into inventory to try and get some allocation. He told me that Hellcat allocation is based on Dodge product sales only... no Chrysler... no Jeep (which my dealer is all 3). So... small dealer... sells all 3 Chrysler brand products, but only 1 counts (And I'm not even sure if RAM counts... which is mostly what gets sold at our local Dodge Dealers in this area).

If Mr. Kuniskis announcement isn't any good regarding Order Rollover... I'm basically screwed.

2. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    why not just find one? why order

291 days and counting?

i waited 4 days and got mine in Jan

sorry to be a D*ck about it, but you may want to change your tactics at this point(trying to help)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Q5Dart

Q5Dart Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Black,A8,Laguna seats at Monroe CDJ in Monroe,MI

4. Q5Dart

Q5Dart Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just delivered cars there on Saturday and salesman said no takers,wouldn't tell how much over msrp though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    a local guy just picked up one last week....wouldnt say how much, but when i asked if it was $8k over he laughed and said not even close....so people are picking the right up from cold calls still...his was black A8

Granite Crystal is going to be the tough part....one of the most rare colors.....best to have 2 colors to pick from

• Like Like x 1
  6. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Currently, the only dealer that has a car that matches my order... they want 85k... and I'm not willing to do that.

/shrug

• Like Like x 1
  7. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes I understand that, but the cars are out there, I agree with Huggy, I paid 4.2K ADM but found a Phantom black A8 with the red interior and picked it up 5/30/15. This is a bad subject because it has caused conflict on this forum regarding waiting months for a car and I have annoyed a few regarding it. There even a thread about a dealer that is over 50 pages regarding cars that will never be delivered. Not trying to be a jerk but there are deals, after I bough mine, pitch black A8 was listed on this forum for 2K ADM. Carpe Diem, screw the wait, find the car and buy it and enjoy it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    hope your order gets moving along. I would keep looking maybe you get lucky

• Like Like x 1
  9. Dubya

Dubya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Story of my life. None of my salesmen hung around for more than a couple of months of me picking up my last 5 new FCA vehicles. I'm frustrated I can't build a relationship with any dealers in my area. Good luck with the search/wait. It's worth it, trust me.

10. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    \

yes, you waited, and waited too long....ill bet there were a dozen or more cars your color that you didnt get over the past 8 months because you werent at the right place at the right time........id still keep trying now, but your time to get one this year is probably past...back in Jan/feb people were getting them for msrp and posting it here weekly.....A8's seem to be being produced again and shipping out.....if you havent started trying yet id start.....by Winter you will find what you want if you try....as soon as it gets cold sales will slow......

your color is going to be the biggest problem....how many were made in 2015?....probably a hundred or two

in jan i missed 1 by 2 days and had 1 call me after i got mine...so i had 3 chances for msrp within 2 week

you dont win if you dont try as hard as you can

good luck!

11. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry... I won't spend 70k on something that isn't exactly what I want. I'm kind of stubborn that way. ;)

There's a used one completely across the country with 4k miles on it... but they want 75k. So, it's not like I haven't been looking. Something will shake loose sooner or later. Either I will get a VIN, or one of these dealers will come down to a reasonable price as these cars sit on their floor.

All paying ADM does is contribute to the problem.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    i didnt pay adm

i took any options...i got mine loaded.....i get color, i get transmission....u should be open to other options...most seem loaded.....

right now msrp is close to impossible on A8's.....toss $2000 adm out there and ill bet you'd have a chance....

what if demand doesnt go down in 2016?
    what if you still dont get a vin?
    what if you start back over at the back of the line waiting?

i wouldnt pay $75k for a 4,000 mile car either...i get that

keep your order going, and keep looking....fly 1500 miles and drive it home...

i think you will find MSRP this winter if you keep looking over the north 1/2 of the country.

13. cole3986

cole3986 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, here we go again, my car is in the garage and I am enjoying the summer with the car. If you want it, you will find it, I used Autotrader everyday and found it. If you are suggesting that me paying 4.2K over MSRP is contributing to the problem, we can agree to disagree. It boils down to how bad to you want it? I wish you luck in your build and hope it happens, just having a hard time having empathy for a situation where you can stop being a victim and take control of it (no offense). Again, good luck, I am just wired differently.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Tazman

Tazman Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    First off.. I'm not looking for sympathy. My original post really was intended to be more about a smaller dealership having to take it up the ass with 60 mini vans to try to get some allocation, which if fairly effed up, IMO.

Secondly, how bad I want it is irrelevant. I exercise self control when it comes to spending that kind of money. I don't necessarily shit $100 bills, daily... so I will get the car on MY terms.... even if it means I have to wait.

As for you being offended about "potentially contributing to the problem"... what you do is up to you. For consumer goods and services, I vote with my wallet, as does anyone else. You happen to be more open with your wallet than I am. I think FCA set a fair price, and I just happen to refuse to reward a dealership's greed, and would hope that most folks would see them for what they really are, and not do business with them.

/shrug

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey, worked for him, so that must mean we are all idiots and that's absolutely going to work for everyone else too. Don't worry about what you want, just grab anything just to say you own one.

• Like Like x 1