So, Tim Kuniskis called me today.......

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Harts, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Harts

Harts Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    This is my status for a Challenger Hellcat: 32286836 - 9/9/2014 - FH773361 - 1/16/2015 - 4.3 months, been at "D" status nearly a month. Is it the A8 trans or the Laguna Leather holding up production? I can't get a straight answer from the dealer or SRT. So this afternoon I fired off a letter to Tim venting about communication from Dodge to the dealers and customers regarding status of their cars. Figured that would be the end of it, I vented and the email would be deleted.

About 3 hours later the phone rings, and the guy tells me he is Tim Kuniskis and he has some info regarding my car. Holy CRAP, not only did he read the email but he advised me the car should be D1 by Monday and built before the end of the month! :p:):p:D

We talked at length about communication with the buyer and accurate information. For whats it worth he stated there is no shortage of any transmission or seats for cars with VIN's. He did say they are working through the satin hood issues and it probably would take a while longer to remedy that back log. If anything the success of the Hellcat has increase sales on the base models and Scat Pak that additional shifts have been added to keep up production with total demand.

We talked allocations, and he stated they have modified the allocation process slightly each month in an attempt to stop dealers from bogus orders and marking up $10,000+. He did state that if a Hellcat sits on a dealer lot for over 4 days unsold that that dealer would lose their next allotment. Hinted that there may be even more penalties the longer it sits on the lot.

Oh yea, he is totally aware of Hellcat.org and knows that we are a tight, well informed group! We talked for about 15 minutes, was a regular guy.

Maybe I'm being snowballed again, but his call made my day and restored some of my faith in Dodge. The proof will be in what I'm driving in about 45 days I guess!

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Congrats, if it really was T.K., too bad he doesn't respond to Canadians. Maybe he could fix the ridiculousness of this whole process

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Nice

4. FreightTrain

FreightTrain Comfortably Numb

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I perhaps would have felt better also had I got a reply.. thats cool tho that he took the time, I can only guess calling pissed off buyers isn't his favorite past time :D

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Very cool that he called you,I live in not to far from the headquarters. I'm trying to get him, Ralph, Mark to sign my car

• Like Like x 2
  6. Hellcat15

Hellcat15 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Nice.
    What email address? I fired off a letter a few weeks ago and never heard a peep. Of course I realize not every letter will get a response but no harm in trying and venting, obviously.

7. cal45

cal45 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes, he does reach out and reply to emails...just not all of them. I, too, received a call from him this morning as I had sent an email yesterday afternoon in regards to my order in BX status since October and the allocation process faults as seen by the customer...along with Dealers receiving stock orders with huge ADM's. Tim did tell me the same as he did you in the changes they were applying to help the allocation process. I agree, he is a down to earth regular guy and a muscle car fan and desperately wants to see all of us with orders in get our cars. It was refreshing to see this type of response to the customer.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Harts

Harts Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    tim.kuniskis@fcagroup.com got it from this site! Wrote the email several times before sending. Did not attack Dodge, threw rocks at the dealers and SRT for not sharing accurate info and the specific problems I've had in the process. When he called after chatting for a couple minutes I was 99% sure it was really him (heard his voice in interviews etc) and had a good conversation. I'd like to think he was shooting straight, either way I should find out shortly if I do do D1 !

9. Hellcat707

Hellcat707 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did Tim explain why July orders are still not filled, but orders without customers are being filled?

Congrats on your good news. It's great and rewarding that he actually called you back. Thumbs Up to Tim for that. Sometimes it is not the big boys to blame. The big guns like Tim and Ralph usually have a staff of managers that run the departments, process and procedures. Tim job is to find out what problems are happening and get there managers to correct the issues. Lets see if anything improves in the future.

10. Harts

Harts Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Did not get into that specifically but I have heard there appears to be 2 systems, one for Canada another for the US. Dodge did not open allocations here till 9/9/14. Some dealers took deposits earlier, but there was no allocations for us prior to 9/9. Tim did specifically state that my dealer did have that allocation so it will be built, some dealers may never get one for 2015 model year. Sorry I don't have more for you.

11. Cruisin1966

Cruisin1966 Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Easy, our market (~6%) irrespective of our retarded allocation system, isn't worth his time. I'll bet, whomever calls (not that they ever would) likely would say the Canadian market is a separate entity and they have no control over it.

12. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Great to hear what Tim is doing and that really speaks volumes about his character!

I really wish I had a chance to meet him in person while at the Dodge Rocks Gas Monkey Garage event.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. DrBuick

DrBuick Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Gas Monkey was awesome and great food at the bar and grill. And great prices

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Indeed!

[​IMG]

15. Tammie

Tammie SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    If he reads the forum, he didn't say anything about taking Tammie's Hellcat back for bad behavior did he? Crap! I need to watch what I say. I keep saying that and then off I go being Innapropriate again! Lol:D