So tired

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by IndyHellcat, Dec 13, 2014.

1. IndyHellcat

IndyHellcat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone else getting annoyed as hell when emailing and calling dealers from ads on cars.com with them listing them at MSRP only to find out they've jacked up the price? I've probably called or emailed just about every friggin dealer with a phantom black and get no good news! I gotta say this car buying process sucks and will not be doing this again.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ahhhh.......welcome to the wonderful world of greedy Mopar dealers...........

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. ChallengerDad

ChallengerDad SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's not just MOPAR dealers. There are plenty of unscrupulous dealers of all makes. We see it most often because Dodge makes the hottest models on the market.
    It's the curse of being desirable. LOL!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Next Phase

Next Phase Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Supply will catch up to demand... when it does, I plan on picking one up next year at MSRP or less. Hopefully some of the dealers that are charging $20k over sticker get stuck with cars that don't sell.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've purchased a lot of high end and very desirable vehicles from all different makes. I haven't experienced this type of greed anywhere except at a Chrysler dealership. Sorry to say but this has been my consistent experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fire Frog

Fire Frog Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yup. Been adding them to the douchebag dealer list on a daily basis.

7. bfusion

bfusion Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hopefully Santa sees thisa f#*+'s them over!!:D:D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. tsc

tsc SRT Hellcat Enthusiast

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dealer markup is going to happen with this car, no way around it, especially with people actually paying the markup. I normally refuse to pay anything close to sticker, but was willing to pay MSRP for the Hellcat for obvious reasons. There are dealers selling @ MSRP, they're out there.. finding one with unused allocations is the hard part at this point.

I'll admit that I got extremely lucky being #1 for Challenger and #1 for Charger, both with no markup. Had it in writing before the Challenger was ordered and deposit was placed. Placed deposit over the phone for the Charger to lock in the spot, and will get no markup in writing the next time I'm at that dealer.

• Like Like x 1
  9. huggytree

huggytree Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ford dealers are the same with the GT500's

i had one that wanted $8k extra to order one

your too early...you need to forget about it for a few months....im not going to try until March---there is just no purpose to looking right now

you have 2,000 people fighting for 200 cars

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Every Dodge dealer in my town have Cats in the showroom 15 over

11. RobM

RobM SRT Hellcat Lunatic!

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I placed my order at MSRP on 9/17/14 (Granite/Sepia/Satin Hood) and have been in VON hell since then. I ordered mine from an Ohio dealer since the GREEDY local Las Vegas dealers all wanted $20K or more over sticker. About a month ago I did the same thing you did with Cars.com and got the same B/S you did. Most of the cars were pre-sold and they tried to sell me a SXT Challenger instead or they told me that it was +$10K-$20K over sticker. However, one dealer told me that they expected the car in around the 2nd week of December and will take bids on it at that time. I left my name and number but didn't expect much.

Last Tuesday when I found out that I was going to stay in BX until Spring at best, I gave up and considered canceling my order. On Thursday, I got a call from a number out of NY and when I answered, it was the Dealer who was going to take bids and he asked me if I was still interested. I put a bid in at +$4K on their Phantom Black/red interior/red belts/Navi/automatic. Two hours later the manager called me back and said he didn't feel like going back/forth with people and since +$4K was a great profit for him, he told me it is mine if I wanted it.

Originally the concept of paying over sticker was offensive to me but waiting 9 months or more for my HC would have been worse so I bought it. Signed the contracts today and sent them back Fed Ex this afternoon. Transport company will pick it up next week and bring it back to its new home in Las Vegas in an enclosed carrier and it should be here by January 2nd. Transport cost door-to-door and expedited was $2,100. I was going to have the transport charges anyway so the $2,100 was OK by me.

Point of the story is that there are a few (very few) dealers out there that although charging a little more than sticker, are not that bad. Be flexible on the color and options too. It took a lot of web surfing and talking to a lot of a**-wipe sales people, but I got my Hellcat. Keep trying, as each day passes, more HCs hit the showroom floors. MSRP or less sounds great but it's just not a reality yet.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. digdug33071

digdug33071 SRT Hellcat Supporter Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've had two dealers here in S. Florida call me saying they have one in stock only to drive all the way down there and was told "I was given bad information and for $10K over sticker they'd order me one."

13. Fire Frog

Fire Frog Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yeah I've gotten tired of calling dealers with HCs. I've called the dealer in WA that now has 3 sitting on their lot for the third time and told them I would do $1000 over and they said no they would hold onto them at 25k over. I laughed. Hopefully they don't sell any of them. Rairdon Dodge in Seattle. Im sure some rich software douche will pick one up and never drive it.

14. F6F

F6F BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Which town so I can go and get one?

15. Beelzebub

Beelzebub Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Try Brown Dodge in Devine Tx they had a Black Cat for 5k over but it sold. If they can't get you 1 go the the scumbag dealers list and take your pick

• Agree Agree x 1