So who's been to Cozumel?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by usmc341, May 6, 2016.

1. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Going next week. Any tips on where to go? Staying in an all inclusive resort.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Toolman_42

Toolman_42 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Went years back...

Enjoyed blue ocean, ruins, and all days drinks by the pool.

Went on open water dive, great dive with plenty of wildlife to see. Currents were strong and a bit of pain to deal with.

• Like Like x 1
  3. McLovin

McLovin Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Same here. Went years ago. Stayed on the Riviera Maya. Took the catamaran over to Cozumel from Playa del Carmen for a day trip. I'm sure it's changed quite a bit since then.

Pretty much what Toolman said.. snorkel / dive....ruins at Tulum...Cuban cigars....drinky, drinky, drinky!

• Like Like x 1
  4. GiveEmHell

GiveEmHell Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Been there and in the area a few times diving and cave diving. It depends on what you are interested in. It is easy to catch the ferry and make a day trip over to the Playa/Riviera Maya/Tulum area. We really enjoyed the ruins in Tulum. You can negotiate with a taxi when you get off the ferry for wherever you want to go. A few years ago, we had someone drive 4 us of around all day for about $40 US.
    If you like the water and are interested in snorkeling (or just to swim in), the cenotes on the mainland are beautiful. A very unique experience that you can't get many places. You can also book tours in advance.

Whatever you decide to do, relax and have fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thank you! Yeah my trip comes with 750 room credit so I'll use that to swim with dolphins or something. Gotta Love Costco Travel. A friend of my said to rent a scooter and see the island

• Like Like x 1
  6. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I know what you mean about the Riptides. Was in Cancun 2 years ago my girlfriend almost got swept out to sea

Last edited: May 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Link

Link Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I visited some of the ruins in the area, Tulum was interesting it is on the coast, 50 miles east of Chichen Itza is Coba, I enjoyed also. Check out the Tequila distillery and local bears. It is all a fun time.

• Like Like x 1
  8. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Marty and I have been to Cozumel many times, and love it!

Tulum was fabulous ... do it! The Tequila distillery was a lot of fun ... we did a bar hopping tour one night (well, Marty said it was a lot of fun, I do not remember much about it except LOTS of rum! LOL) The Mayan ruins are interesting, but be prepared ... they are all ruined. :D And, they pretty much all look alike.

I know a lot of people like to rent the scooters, but be aware that it is DANGEROUS to drive in Cozumel. We have been to Cozumel over 15 times, on 9 of our trips we have witnessed tourists on scooters getting into accidents, and more than several were serious (a couple were fatal, it was horrible). We have known of two people that were the driver at fault, and it is an extremely serious, long, frightening, and expensive legal battle if a tourist hits a local. My advise on the scooters is ... don't. Get a taxi or walk ... much safer.

The Salsa, Salsa, and Margaritas is hilarious (we liked it so much we have done it twice) Salsa And Salsa - The Tour "Mexico" ! They teach you how to make several different types of salsa, guacamole, and even a dessert salsa (so yummy!), then teach you how to make traditional and strawberry margaritas. They provide the tortillas and the chips so that you can eat what you make as you go, and it is all you can drink margaritas (or non-alcoholic drinks) the whole time. Then, once they have you all liquored up, they push all of the tables out of the way and teach you how to salsa dance ... so much fun!

Have a fun and safe trip! Be sure to tell us all about it when you get home!

April

• Like Like x 1
  9. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It is beautiful there. What resort are you staying at? We had our honeymoon there and we want to go back and have said that for 17 years now. 3 kids later and no time to go. Have to make time for family

Have a safe trip and take care

• Like Like x 1
  10. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Cozumel Palace. Thanks if it's anything like Cancun we we are really going to enjoy it. All inclusives are the way to go.

I'll tell you we can really use it. Been a rough two months. I lost my mom and my girlfriend just lost her dad.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MABBRYFL30

MABBRYFL30 NYS President Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member

Top Poster Of Month

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Take some time and rest. We don't look at what we have and how lucky we are sometimes. We are so busy and we take it for granted.
    God bless your mom and your girl friends dad.
    Thank you for your service sir!!!

• Like Like x 1
  12. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks brother

• Like Like x 1
  13. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat

I am so sorry for your loss. I hope that the both of you have a wonderful time, and can de-stress a bit.

April

• Like Like x 1
  14. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks April

• Like Like x 1
  15. usmc341

usmc341 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So we're back in sunny Las Vegas. Cozumel was great. The only thing I didn't care for was there's no beach. It's the snorkling capital of the world apparently. No worries my all inclusive let's you use two resorts so we took the ferry to Playa del Carmen and went to the beach there. Swam with Flipper which was a blast. The whole experience was awesome. People treat you like gold over there. They say not to tip but I tip heavily. It's their livelihood and they don't make a whole bunch of money. Next year back to Cancun.

Last edited: May 14, 2016
    • Winner Winner x 1