Sold out, no allocations?

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Wamo, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Wamo

Wamo Senior Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey guys don't want to start a riot and my apologies if I missed something in an earlier post but I'm on this forum just about every day. I just returned from a dealership in Michigan where I'm visiting family this week and they told me they are not going to receive any further allocations that basically dodge has told them that they have sold all the challengers they can make this year. They have chargers, no challengers. Called 4 other dealers and they basically told me the same thing. I know a lot of guys are gonna make comments about trusting what dealers say and how they're glad they ordered theirs when they did and I do not not want to spread any misinformation because this allocation process has been confusing at best but can anyone rebuke this. I think I saw someone ordered theirs on Friday?

• Like Like x 1
  2. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    What dealer/s?

3. Scottys jet

Scottys jet Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    That would be the smartest thing Dodge could do . They will not build all the cars sold presently minus a small miracle.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Tannehill

Tannehill Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Well, if FCA is truly going to follow through with what we have been told about 1 car a month toward a sold order, then basically this is true.

Dealers have clearly got the memo that we were told last week or so because you are hearing things like this from more and more of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Top Cat

Top Cat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Fastest Cat/Record Holder HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    What about the guy's that just placed orders the last two weeks and have a VON, true or false that the system took those orders?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Snappycat

Snappycat SRT Hellcat Moderator Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I've heard what you have heard, but folks are also saying that they have received VONS in the last 2 weeks...since F 2/13 which was supposedly the cut off date. It does kind of make sense that they want to make sure they can build all orders up to 2/13. I am also hopeful that their plan to reduce dealer orders and to clean up duplicates will help things along. If they can speed things up a bit, perhaps the order banks will open up again....if they were ever closed to begin with......craziness I tell you...lol

7. jgil

jgil Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I placed my order 02/21/15 and have a VON and shows BA status might never see it but we will see. But they darn sure took my 1k deposit

8. Mike Canadian

Mike Canadian Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    I was told this back in September when I put my money down on a Charger at Williamson in Uxbridge Ontario that I should not expect a Chally but I wanted the Charger anyway. This should not be new news to anybody in Ontario if they had a connection at a dealership in the least. Sorry but there are only so many products that can be produced in a time frame. It is good for those that have one or are guaranteed one because they knew the build capacity in the first place Sorry just saying so why not look elsewhere or for another vehicle or not a Hell Cat but a Shaker.

9. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good stuff. I asked my dealer if mine does not get built in 2015, will it automatically roll over to 2016? He said he didn't know. I asked him about Dodge honoring 2015 prices if indeed 2016 happens to me. He/owner said about 50% of the time they do, the other half, they don't. Great I said...you have been a big help...LOL

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    When I see some 9/9 cars on our list being built, then I'll believe they've made sold orders from back then a priority. I don't think anybody has seen any movement yet from the 9/9 group

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. jgil

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I might get lucky and get the 2016 at 15 prices and a couple horses LOL

12. Snappycat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It took me about 5 days to go from BA....day of order 2/12..... to VON/BX. You should be close to BX if not already. Then....sit back and enjoy the wait. Its all about allocations and # of folks at your dealer with older VON dates before you. If your dealer is playing by the rules and you are #1 on his list/oldest order date, you might get lucky and have a VIN drop in your lap. Doesn't happen a lot, but it is not unheard of.....good luck my friend.

13. jgil

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was told by the dealer that I was #1 and so I wait , if not this year then next for sure!

14. JBS$

JBS$ Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    While waiting at my Dealer today, the salesperson volunteered that he was no longer allowed to accept orders inquires on Hellcats. Reason that he was given was it took too long for the Customer to receive the vehicle and it was a just pain in the ass for the Dealership. Now, is any of this true, who knows.

15. TIGwelder

TIGwelder SSDD

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't have my 8' x 4' mutlipage, foldout flowchart for how the allocation process works on me right now.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1