Solo Performance Exhaust Fitment with Upgraded Driveshaft

Discussion in 'Solo Performance' started by goingsolo2, Apr 28, 2016.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have been getting many questions in regards to the fitment of our Solo Performance exhaust kits with an upgraded driveshaft. A few days ago, I had my DSS aluminum 4" driveshaft installed with the Solo Mach Shorty catback for the Hellcat.

The 4" aluminum drive shaft just touches the muffler body in one spot, so only minor adjustments had to be made. There was no cutting, no heating, and no bending needed. We added a 1/2" spacer in the bolt right above the exhaust tips that goes into the body. After that, we just readjusted the kit and BAM! The tips have enough adjustment in them to get perfectly lined up like stock. I have been driving around for a few days and zero issues.

Our Street Race kit has no muffler, so it should fit without any adjustment. The Mach Shorty needs the above adjustment, and all is good. Pricing is as follows:

Street Race Catback (X pipe only- no muffler)- $875 shipped to continental US

Mach Shorty Catback (11" short X-design muffler)- $979 shipped to the continental U
    S

We include a return labeled box to retrofit the valves. If you or your shop will be fitting the valves back into the kit themselves, subtract $50 from the above prices.

Thanks,

Steve
    516-655-9002 (7 days a week, until midnight EST)

2. DarkCat

DarkCat Active Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Is this a chamber style muffler and is the kit available with quad tips?

3. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The muffler has a perforated X pipe inside surround by 4 chambers of packing. You get the flow and sound of an X pipe without the drone. The kit is not available with quad tips...it only reuses the OEM tips because of their shape and the shape of the opening in the fascia. Round and square tips did not look good in that shaped opening. I am sure we have quad tips that can be used, but your installer would have to fit them in there, and they probably would not look the greatest considering the trapezoidal shape of the openings.