Solo Performance Needs a Hellcat to Develop Exhaust

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by goingsolo2, May 16, 2015.

1. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey All,
    I am the rep for Solo Performance Exhaust on many other boards, and we would really like to develop a catback exhaust kit for the Hellcat Challenger. We have a lot of R&D done already on the new SRT8, and we believe much of this carries over into the Hellcat as well. We would need a local Hellcat to let us have 1-2 days with the car to develop and finalize a kit. The kit would most likely include the option to keep your active exhaust valves functional, or delete them altogether. Most likely, we would also use our J pipe technology to keep the kit drone-free. Additionally, options could include different quad tip options, as well as keeping the stock tips.

I received administrative approval to post this as well. If we can get a local Hellcat in for the development, they would get a killer deal and we would become a supporting vendor here. Our shops are in Kenmore, NY (right near Buffalo), Mississauga, and Hamilton (both Canadian locations). Please send me a message if you're interested. If we can get this going, we would have a killer group buy as well. Unfortunately I live 10 hours away and use the car as a daily driver, so getting a local Hellcat in, or one much closer, would move things along much quicker. Thanks so much to this awesome community!

Steve

2. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Your company covers enclosed shipping and free exhaust we got a deal I'm in Brooklyn ny

3. DaddyBarlow

DaddyBarlow Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I'm interested to see what happens.

Last edited: May 16, 2015
  4. goingsolo2

goingsolo2 Beast will be back bigger and better than ever! Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member Hellcat Supporting Vendor

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Not sure why the bashing...many companies test on volunteers cars. We already have a lot of the initial R and D done. I'm not sure where you got any of that information from. We make exhaust kits for many cars. I highly doubt every aftermarket company buys a new vehicle for every product they make. If we don't have support here, that's fine, but no need to make a nasty sarcastic post. If you're not interested, don't post.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hey buddy...we really prefer having the customer there with the car so they can see exactly what we do, and can come along for the test drives to give us their own feedback. We also give a tour of the facility and you can meet the guys behind the action.

6. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I don't need be there u can make exhaust I come down Dyno it my self at ur shop and test drive togther or you can come
    To
    My shop wit ur exhaust we put it on and Dyno it togther and make videos I have all
    Tools
    And Dyno

7. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow, awesome! Give Jeff a call when you get a chance. He's the owner and can discuss with you the fine details and you can offer your ideas to him as well. He can be reached at soloperformance@cogeco.ca and at 905-703-1557.

8. Nycsrt

Nycsrt BANNED

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    He didn't answer have him reach me at mrdelorio@icloud.com

9. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I will let him know to email you. If you'd like, PM me a phone contact as well. Thanks so much buddy!

10. Billet Hellcat

Billet Hellcat Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I had Solo Exhaust on my 09 Pontiac G8 and it was a great system loud & no drone.
    image.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. FLEX

FLEX Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT 392
    My 2010 SRT8 was the test car for the Charger SOLO exhaust system back in April of 2011.

Jeff is a great guy and I had no worries leaving my car with them for the day to do the testing and fitment, etc.

Steve; what is the situation on a kit for the new SRT 392?

12. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    We are almost complete with that kit as well. I believe we need a 392 in for one more day, and then we should have it locked up. I will double check with the shop Monday when they open back up. Thanks for the kind words!

13. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I was just checking out the Solo website. You have some nice sounding exhausts.

Do you think you can do a Hellcat exhaust with LESS drone than the factory exhaust? That would be cool.

How do the J-pipes eliminate drone. From the pics on the site I see the J with a sliding piece that looks capped. I'm just curious how that works to eliminate drone as I've never seen or heard of a J pipe like that. Very interesting.

14. goingsolo2

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Our ultimate goal is to develop a drone-free exhaust…so yes, less than the factory one. The factory one isn't bad at all..I really don't mind it and I drive it daily.

The J pipes are developed using engine specifics and frequency testing. Sound waves enter the J pipe, bounce off the end cap, and collide with the exhaust stream. When the sound waves collide, certain frequencies are eliminated based on the length and width of the J pipe. We measure where the drone frequency is, and ultimately eliminate it with the J pipe. The cool thing is that we make our J pipes adjustable. We will preset it for a factory or near-factroy car, but if you heavily modify it and cause the drone frequency to change, you can adjust or "tune" your J pipe to get rid of the new drone frequency.

Another cool aspect of the J pipe is that very little airflow enters it. You can take it down the strip 10 times in a row, and the J pipes will only be warm to the touch. They also usually eliminate the need for a second muffler, so you save weight there and will have less restriction. The Mach X muffler that we would use in the kit has an internal X pipe built in. They flow extremely well and help create a phenomenal muscle-car exhaust note. The plan right now is to send us your active exhaust valve section, and we will retrofit it into the kit. If you can't send it, then we will send the kit with a straight pipe section, band clamped, in its place. You can then remove your exhaust and band clamp in the active exhaust valve section where we put the removable straight pipe section. Those who want it can put it back, and those who don't can keep in the straight pipe section.

I hope this helps. This is our ultimate plan in making a kit for the Hellcat.

Steve

15. SRT_HC_707

SRT_HC_707 SRT_HC_707 Staff Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for the info. on the J pipe. Interesting and if you can really make drone FREE exhausts that's outstanding.

I don't mind loud but I hate drone. I daily drive my Hellcat and it's got more drone (A8) than I care for but I'm already used to it. I was surprised how much drone the stock A8 cat has but drone and drone tolerance is very much a personal thing...

• Like Like x 1