Somebody up there is looking out for my Hellcat

Discussion in 'Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat' started by Lord Hellcat, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    So tonight I am meeting up with three mates for dinner. They have not seen the Hellcat as yet but they knew I was gunning for one. On the way I'm going to pick my brother in law up but decide to fill up the tank. My other half Kerry says I'll come along for the ride. So I pull the Hellcat out of the garage and down our drive. We have an electric sliding gate. So Kerry pushes the button to shut the garage door and accidentally pushes the button that controls the gate. I'm two foot out the gate and the gate is now jammed against the passenger side front wing.
    I'll leave out the choice words but she presses the remote to back the gate off the car.
    I am mortified. I pull the cat onto the road and fear the worst. Crumpled front wing. Not a mark on the car. I look at the wheel and the brake calliper not a mark. I'm gobsmacked.
    The gate has a nylon track that is driven by the gate motor but the track sticks out around 4" past the gate. The piece of track that juts out must have hit the tyre wall and stopped the gate from mashing up my Cat.
    I'm still furious with Kerry for being so stupid and I'm going to wash the Cat tomorrow to make doubly sure.
    But it appears that I have had one very very lucky escape.
    The guys all loved the car. Very impressed. Drew a crowd from the restaurant. All asking lots of questions. My brother in law and business partner on the way home said I think I have got to invest in one of these.

• Like Like x 1
  2. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    wow. sorry for your unfortunate accident, but i wonder how your 'other half Kerry' would feel if she saw the way you've just spoken about her? or is she that 'stupid' she wouldn't realize?

Just an accident.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. april77

april77 Naughty SheDevil Mod Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Ugh, I am so glad that the HellCat was not damaged. Take a deep breath, and be glad! Accidents happen, and it could have been worse! :)

April

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. B5 Blue

B5 Blue Platinum Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Better to leave it be, your better half didn't do it on purpose and was trying to help

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. 70Cuda

70Cuda Yep, its got a HEMI

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Go easy on her!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Lord Hellcat

Lord Hellcat Gold Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC UK President HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Don't worry we are completely cool. Just an instant heat of the moment thing. She loves the Cat as much as I do and would have been beside herself if it had been damaged. Just breathing a sigh of relief as to how lucky we were :)

7. Peter Gozinya

Peter Gozinya Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dude you just dodged a serious bullet! or wait a minute,...you are in the UK so you don't have guns like us lunatics here in the colonies. You just dodged a firm verbal reprimand by a Bobby.

You walk around the side of your car, heart in your throat, fists clenched ready to yell and you look and there is absolutely no damage at all!! That is awesome!! IT is divine, You felt it hit your car, you new it was BAD. You walk around....look...... nothing, a Miracle!!!

Fast forward to later on that night, things are going so well since your girl did not F'up your car. Imagine how "good" the night would have been if it was messed up??? . You would have been crying in your pudding!! Glad it all worked out.

And on the way home she goes, "Look honey, there is YOUR CAR!!" and you grimace as she is pointing to an SXT!!!!! Yikes!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  8. j_niko

j_niko Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Good to hear no damage.

I swear, in the 4 weeks I've had my HC, I've had maybe 8-10 deers decided that crossing the road in front of me is a splendid idea. One was on the freeway and I didn't see it right away. Thank good our cats handle...... that could have been a mess at 90+.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dances With Empties

Dances With Empties Gold Member

Where rednecks are nervous of hillbillies
    Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Just so were clear: Your "half kerry" is your wife? Second cousin? Half sister? Specially trained trunk monkey?...

Can't say that I have heard this type of slang before...:oops:

10. Dragon

Dragon Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    oh you made me pucker on that one.

11. owenspackman

owenspackman BritishCat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    You've never heard of the term 'other half'......? It's not just a British term I assure you.

12. Lord Hellcat

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Yes Kerry is my wife :D