SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Sorry Chrysler!

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  630 
#1 ·
I am SO disappointed! I have never been without a Chrysler product for the last 44 years. I placed an order with my dealer whom I have purchased a Prowler, Challenger, P.T. Cruiser, and 2 mini-vans through. I have built and raced 8 Chrysler products during the last 13 years on the oval asphalt tracks in Michigan and Ohio.
I have created a MOPAR car club, assisted in creating a sister club and belonged to another Mopar car club. Now I decide to get myself a retirement present and order the new Hellcat. Ordered Sublime with everything except block heater and summer tires. At one point I was at BG, then BX for sunroof, then BX for premium leather, now looks like no satin black hood. What is wrong with this company? They need to get their heads out of their a** and build the car. I hope I do not have to scrap this idea and buy a different present for me. I am retiring July 28, 2015 and if car not built by April 2015 will be forced to drop order. BTW, all my kids and grandkids old enough to drive all drive Mopars. So sad to see the way the company is run right now.
WISH ME LUCK.

#3 ·
Russ,
Join the Club! I purchased my 1st Challenger Convertible at AGE 13 YES, I watched Mod Squad on TV and when I saw the Challenger Convertible I knew that was going to be my 1st Car when I turned 17 then after finding out they only made 955 Challenger R/T Convertibles my Mom was taking me to basketball practice when a yellow 70 R/T Convertible passed us, I said Mom "Follow that Car" we followed the women driving the car through 4 towns and finally she pulled in her driveway the car had then 18,000 one owner miles. We left our phone number and 6 months later she called and $1800 bought the car. I first painted the car 78 Trans Am Blue, then Crazy Plum Purple and now it is Hemi Orange. it still has the original 440 single 4 Barrel and Auto Transmission.

#4 ·
I am really confused as to why the dealers have not been kept more informed on this. It isn't like this is the first high performance vehicle they have built. The same seats are going into the SRT 392 so you would think there would be enough ready to go. I wonder if SRT can give you any explanations? I was frustrated with them because the guy I talked to told me that they had not scheduled production yet and then I find out they started the following day. I wish you the best of luck in getting some answers. I cannot tell if it is based on dealer or type of order.:mad:

#5 ·
I wish you luck Russ. My dealership said Chrysler called them saying Laguna seats would be production delays until at least 12/2014. So I opted for reg premium leather seats but order still hasn't updated yet SRT customer service says typically once you send an order in with Status D for building it cannot be changed. In any case I hope yours comes thru asap.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.