South Florida - Looking for 2016 Challenger

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by XulSRT, Jan 8, 2016.

1. XulSRT

XulSRT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Hi all,

Currently I have a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT but i've been looking into the 2016 Challenger. Love my SRT now but 707HP sounds like I'll love that as well.

I'm in South Florida - I've found 2016 at some dealerships within 50miles or so but so far they all want 5k-10k over MSRP. Based on some of what I've already read it sounds like you can get them for MSRP if you're patient or willing to order out of state....?

Wanted to get a couple opinions and any good info from the group here:

1. Is MSRP a fair goal to pay for one of these?
    2. When ordering these through a dealer are you agreeing to pay the addendum price gouge?
    3. Any dealerships looking to make a deal - let me know. I'm interested in trading in my existing SRT for KBB value.
    4. Any other advice?

Thanks in advance

• Like Like x 1
  2. Sublimecat

Sublimecat Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    MSRP is routine around the country. Get out of south Florida. If your willing to make a road trip you can save thousands. Pick a zip code in Georgia or South Carolina along I-95 and search the dodge website for cars. You will find one.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. natesrt

natesrt Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Try Fields in Sanford. Ask for Smitty. Great car guy to deal with and they don't do ADMs.

4. m5biemer

m5biemer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Lakeland, Ft Walton Beach both have cars at msrp.

Lakeland has PCP on ebay. They also posted on forum a few days ago offering msrp. I tried to buy a charger and they wanted $5k adm.

Ft Walton Beach, Lee Chrysler, has Jazz Blue and Redline, both M6's, internet director Derek said they would do msrp on both.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  5. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Lee CDJRam, Fort Walton Beach...torred, purple, m6s last I read.

6. rayzazoo

rayzazoo DRIVESRT.COM Gold Supporting Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I remember Fort Walton dealerships charging +$10000 over MSRP about a year ago.

MSRP can be had. If history repeats, dealerships will increase the prices above MSRP as we get into Springtime.

7. BIG DAWG

BIG DAWG Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC National Exec. Director HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I have not heard, but not surprised if they do. Milton Dodge had a PCP, for $5k over...sold

8. BLK_MAGIC

BLK_MAGIC VIP Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I bought mine from Lee in Fort Walton and I did not pay the ADM, they had it marked. I negotiated below invoice. Ask for Marlene Riedl if you call, tell i sent you lol.

9. hellcat1

hellcat1 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Pretty sure there are a few in the metro Detroit area selling at msrp, plus they would love a used srt gc, winter is here so suvs sell.. Or you could have it shipped to Florida for under 1000 dollars... Telegraph CDJR did have a torred challenger in the showroom about a week ago.. May want to call David Cach... He is a friend of mine, he will do you right

10. MuscleCat

MuscleCat Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I recently played with the South Florida dealerships and here is what I learned. Pembroke Pines Dodge will sell at MSRP but has a long list. Sanford also has a long list. Jim Browne Dodge in Tampa sells for MSRP. I got on their list for zero down in late November. December rolled around and guy in front of me declined the Challenger A8 transmission, so they called me. I'm now anxiously awaiting arrival in late January! Gene Sealy is the salesman to ask for. I learned of him by reading several other posts by other members. He is a stand-up guy. So far there have not been any hiccups with the allocation-order process.

Good luck!

11. m5biemer

m5biemer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Per phone call Jan 8th, no longer charging adm.

12. m5biemer

m5biemer Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    As of yesterday, Jazz Blue and Redline. PCP coming in shortly, they wanted adm on that one per salesman.

13. Phisco65

Phisco65 Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Couldn't agree more about Jim Browne Dodge / Gene Sealy. That's who I got mine through and I know Sgoyal got his from this dealership, too. Only hiccup (if you want to call it that) was that they put a Xzilon treatment on every HC they sell, inside and out treatment, cost about $1,000. At least you get something for it not just paying an ADM. Ordered mine in August when the banks opened, took delivery in October (about a month after production began). Smooth and easy close at the dealership. Been lovin' it ever since.

14. XulSRT

XulSRT Rookie

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for all of the info and insight all - Keep em coming. Once this process progresses, i'll update. Also, I really want to drive one to compare against my 14 SRT Jeep GC.

Thanks all

15. PhantomWorks

PhantomWorks Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Charger SRT Hellcat
    Rick Keffer in Yulee has a Black Challenger inbound Red interior I think. That's all I know. They deal MSRP. Contact Rick Ferguson (My sales guy) laid back guy, gear head too! Also on the up charge. Call and ask if they will take MSRP.