Southern Chrysler Jeep, Lufkin TX

Discussion in 'SRT Hellcat Purchasing' started by Richard Drummer, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Richard Drummer

Richard Drummer Hellcat Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Anyone need a sublime hellcat? I went to pick up my car this morning and not only had they delivered the car with damage to the driver side mirror, they added a $3,000 mark up and told me I should be happy to pay it in this environment. I never agreed to a mark up and they tried to tell me I did. Unbelievable, like I'm an effin moron and don't know what I agreed to.

This would have been the 7th vehicle I've bought from them in 3 years. I told them to stick it. I will not ever do business with them again!!!!
    People are some of the most unethical pieces of feces.
    Ok I'm done.

Rich

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Michael Jutovsky

Michael Jutovsky The Mean Green Raccoon Eating Machine Hellcat Car Club

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow! Sorry to hear that. For the record, I think you went easy on them.

3. Richard Drummer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I may have been a little light on the details of what I actually said, lol. This is a family forum.

Rich

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. Michael Jutovsky

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Right! That's OK, I bet I know exactly what you said! Will you look elsewhere for a Hellcat? Amidst the disappointment, you can't be walking away from this car altogether

5. Richard Drummer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    No, I am walking away, I can get a Z06 for sticker or less, I have a very bad taste in my mouth from Dodge right now.

Rich

6. Michael Jutovsky

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Wow! That stinks...I would ask you to reconsider once your emotions simmer down. It really is a great car.

7. Helldog

Helldog Silver Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Sorry about your experience. Why do dodge dealers always seem to pull this crap? I've purchased from ford, gm and Chrysler and never had issues with any of them except mopar.

8. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Dammm that totally blows :( your dealer is very unethical. That mirror repair should be under warranty too as well. They're so stupid to act like this and not think think they won't be exposed online. Thank you for sharing I'm going to put this on My Hellcat FB page for over 250 members to know what arseholes this dealership is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Richard Drummer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    They were going to fix the mirror, that was enough for me to already lose my mind, then they hit me with a mark up, and I lost my cool.

Rich

10. Carnage

Carnage SRT Hellcat Supercharged Moderator Staff Member Hellcat Car Club Gold Supporting Member HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Thanks for sharing Richard, I posted the review on my FB HC site for others to avoid that dealership.

11. Richard Drummer

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    The salesman has been texting me, trying to make a deal work, but to say I'm disillusioned would be an understatement...lol.

Rich

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. buddyg

buddyg Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    I got my salesman to write a signed contract that it would be sold at MSRP. Yesterday doing the paperwork he said his GM asked what they were selling it for and he said MSRP. If I didn't have it in writing they probably would have tried that crap with mine.

Good luck whatever you decide.

13. Carnage

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's sorta an interesting coincidence because I was going to say they might try to agree what was originally agreed upon because their chances of selling the hellcat in that condition will be a while longer and they have to sell it before end of the quarter of the year for production and sales results LOL so on the bright side you might be able to get a better deal if you keep this act up LMAO

14. X-Men Fiend

X-Men Fiend Gold Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    It's bad enough, when a dealer discloses the 'addendum' (ADM -- extra pure profit on top of MSRP) when you first talk to them about a car. But when they try to extort the money, by getting you all excited for your car and when you come claim it they try to change the price higher, that is truly despicable. No doubt you, or anybody else like us, would remember with ease if they agreed to a set amount over sticker, whether it's ten grand or one grand or whatever, that is something anybody would know they committed to, so it's really disingenuous when they attempt to confuse the truth by acting as if you did agree to something when everybody knows you didn't. I can totally picture some of the dealers doing such shenanigans, all in the name of extra profit. That's something much like the dealers that list Hellcats at low prices, and then when anybody attempts to buy it the dealer suddenly claims 'oh, the website did that, all on it's own, we'd never sell a Hellcat for below sticker, but come on down and order one for way above sticker from us!" --Very dishonest practices, and I'm glad we have this forum to expose such shady dealers! So sorry that it's happened to you. Sadly, since most folks have not gotten their cars, I expect this atrocity to be repeated at various dealerships around the country...

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. goat1964-2004

goat1964-2004 Silver Member Hellcat Car Club HCC Charter Member

Vehicle:
    Challenger SRT Hellcat
    Didn't you have a signed sales contract with the dealer before it was ordered?