SRT Hellcat Forum banner

SP V. HC

2K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Heavy Metal 
#1 ·
I know it's old sorry, but late night drinking sessions and YouTube equals this. I'm guessing A8 versus M6. Maybe he used the wrong key. Hellcat driver was out driven plain and simple.

#4 ·
Still trying to figure it out. Both appear to have larger tires in the rear. The green "Scat Pack" has SRT on its spoiler. But in the comments people are saying it is a Scat Pack and it's "stock." But it's not stock if anything is improved or changed. Driver was beaten I guess. I'm new to the drag scene so no idea.

#5 ·
Just because a car has massive HP doesn't mean it cant be beat by a lesser powered car due to many things...mainly driver.......don't get caught up in these silly videos about the HC being beat. You can find 6 cyl cars beating the HC if you look. Happens to any high perf car regardless whether it is a Mopar, GM or Ford. Someone will stage a race and make out like the more powerful car is not what it is advertised to be.

#10 ·
It's been posted here and elsewhere by the guy driving the SP. It ignited damn near WWIII on the other forum, things remained more civil here.

It was all about the driver, and that was pointed out so many times to him that I believe he met up with the guy again and switched cars... to a much different outcome.

A lot of us have played with SPs and we'll all tell you the same thing: The SP is no slouch, and is probably one of the best values on the market, period. However, it doesn't stand a chance against a Hellcat assuming things are equal (same kind of tires, both stock or similarly modded and equal drivers).

#11 ·
Thanks for that. Just saw it and proceeded to watch it 5 or 6 times just to try and figure out what I was missing. Never been into racing. I think NASCAR is a snooze fest, but drag racing is much different and way more exciting. Definitely want to give it a go some day, if only for fun. This site has been very helpful.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.